Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Just when I'd given up on singletrack
  • wilsation
    Free Member

I got fed up reading about places I’ll never ride on bikes I’ll never be able to afford, but then they publish ‘Chris’s Bikes’, a beautiful and moving piece about rider just like us who unfortunately didn’t make it. Thanks for sharing Tom Ryan, it can’t have been easy.

Stevelol
    Free Member

Which issue is that in?

BlobOnAStick

Yeah, really good piece that.

Edit: Agreed about the bike prices though. I can’t ever imagine spending £4k on something that’ll be thrown down a rocky descent without it’s rider at some point and frankly if there’s no danger of doing this then you aren’t doing it right!

wilsation
    Free Member

It’s in the latest issue Stevelol

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I was about to give up when they started reviewing £850 hard tails, what sort of poor people do they think read these things 😉

mintimperial

Cheers folks. Means a lot to me to see people say they liked it. 🙂

rascal
    Free Member

Just caught this before I shut the lappy down.
    Picked up the mag and read about Chris.
    Fired up the lappy again to write this while I thought of it.
    Beautifully written Tom…bit dusty in here 😥

molgrips
    Free Member

Oops wrong thread!

binners

The Chris’s Bike piece was a lovely, moving, and honest piece of writing. A great testimony Tom.

The mag is particularly good this month. Loved Chipps editorial too. Struck a chord.

mintimperial

Thanks rascal, binners. 🙂

For the record, selling Chris’s bikes raised over £1,750 for Kirkwood Hospice, which is pretty good I reckon (I’ve also donated the fee for the column too, we didn’t get chance to add a note to that effect before going to press). There’s a donation page for Chris on JustGiving, this goes direct to Kirkwood too, in case anyone feels like adding a few pennies to the total…

rascal
    Free Member

Mint

I’m doing Sober for Macmillan at the mo – so not dissimilar causes.
    Your story stuck a chord as my mum died of cancer 6 months ago and have given belongings to charity – very tough thing to have to do.
    Good luck with it 🙂

hughjengin
    Free Member

Funnily enough, I just read that column and logged into STW forum because I wanted to express how much I liked reading that. It came as no surprise that someone had already praised the piece. A really well written, heartwarming piece of from the heart writing, pays a lovely tribute to a friend. Thanks for sharing

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Just when I'd given up on singletrack’ is closed to new replies.