Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Just to say a big thanks to …
  • OCB
    Free Member

… all those assorted car, SUV and van drivers who gave me plenty of room in the lanes today – waiting for me on steep hills, going up hedges to give me room to get past, slowing right down, going past carefully, smiling and waving et cetera.

It made the ride a pleasure.

I’d also like to say bollocks to the rest of them that didn’t even attempt to do any of those things – I hope you end up working late on Friday, and then get back to your vehicle to find you’ve got a puncture, and dog poo on your shoes.

😀

Just sayin’ !

stevemtb
    Free Member

Well the rest of them must have given you enough room too or you wouldn’t have been posting now 😉

A group of four of us nearly got hit on Saturday by a van style people carrier, we all said we’d better not see them again or there will be words. We actually did catch up with him, wearing a bright yellow jacket waving us round the corner at the next junction – he was a marshall on the Sportive trying to get from the start to his junction after completing his start line duties. None of us said anything as we were a bit surprised by the turn of events. He was a charity volunteer trying to get past us to help us who put us in danger as he was late, all of us were too confused to know what to do 😯

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Just to say a big thanks to …’ is closed to new replies.