Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Just started a blog… if anyone is interested in having a read :)
  • wilde86
    Free Member
    derekrides
    Free Member

Yes, very envious of the terrain you have up there, it’s TopMark country isn’t it?

druidh
    Free Member

On formatting: your title image is too large 🙂

I’ve started to follow a few blogs, I find the standard of writing is better than the magazines and I can also just select the sort of stuff I’m interested in.

http://www.blog.scotroutes.com/

wilde86
    Free Member

Hi Derek, we certainly do have some great riding in Yorkshire/Cumbria! Lucky to have it on my doorstep! Not sure what topmark country is though?

Druidh, haha you obviously have no idea how long its taken me to do this so far! 😉 I can ride bikes, but when it comes to all this techno babble I really havent the foggiest. Just wanted to share my pics and rides 🙂 I agree that the title image is far too big, and I have been trying to make it smaller for the past hour! Think I will need to get one of my techy mates to have a gander tomorrow!

Cheers for the link to the other blog, really interesting to read. I agree about the writing/content. If you want to follow my blog, I am hoping to get it looking better/fill it out with more content so should hold some interest to you!

unsponsored
    Free Member

Added both to my bookmarks. Cheers

http://www.unsponsored.co.uk

yodagoat
    Free Member

As everyone else said, your title image is a bit big but apart from that it looks pretty good. Some nice pictures too.
    Here’s mine
    http://www.yodagoat.blogspot.co.uk/

Mike

pedalhead
    Free Member

I thought my header pic was a bit big 😀 http://pedalhead.net

looks like you’ve got some ace riding round there, lucky thing!

muddyground
    Free Member

It pays to mess around with the settings as well. I changed to a magazine format and the hit rate went up 500% so do experiment.

Wilde86 you live in a stunning place – kind of puts Box Hill into perspective. Makes me want to go there right now!!

In for a penny, in for a pound; for what it’s worth here’s my blog:

Muddy Ground

mtbmaff
    Free Member

Thanks Matt, enjoyed reading your blog, good effort.

rOcKeTdOg

Pics and rides you say? I’ll follow yours if you have a look at mine http://a-pic-a-ride.blogspot.co.uk

druidh
    Free Member

This might place good place to ask – what format do folk prefer, lots of photos or more text?

I prefer a good read. It’s easier on a mobile device, photos can get a bit “same” after a while and usually fail to capture the moment, though a few can help set the scene and the occasional pic can be really great.

darrell
    Free Member

as a Brit living abroad I prefer photos with a bit of text to remind me of home

wilde86
    Free Member

Cheers for all the feedback guys. Appreciate the followers, and thanks for linking up your blogs!

I am working on the title image now, so bear with me! Along with the general format etc. As previously said, I’m useless with computers, so it probably wont look as flash as others, but hopefully the content will improve and keep people interested!

I will be putting more articles/reviews of rides up, as I agree that pictures alone do get a bit same old! Hoping to start doing a few product reviews too, of kit I use. Its not the most expensive kit in the world, but I use it for what ‘we’ like to do and I am a consumer. Not a sponsered rider/magazine etc, So hopefully the downn to earth honesty and no bullsh1t approach may get more readers.

Anything else people want to see from a blog?

Nick

Good thread, I’ve added a few more blogs to my reading list which can’t be bad.

I’ll be back soon

I just write about stuff that comes to mind, not really planned it, although there should be a bit of a bikepacking theme as the season continues.

wilde86
    Free Member

Muddyground – Where can I get a spannerfish T-shirt from?! love it!

jwr

wilde86 – looking good! As others have said: fix the header image and you’ll have a really cool site there.

J (MONKEY on a BICYCLE)

muddyground
    Free Member

Muddyground – Where can I get a spannerfish T-shirt from?! love it!

Hi wilde86 – thanks for the compliment! Unfortunately I cannot point you in the right direction as it is against forum rules.

Could you not use a few really good images on your blog articles [and hats off to you for the photographs by the way], but link to Flickr or such and have hundreds there? That way you’ve got more impact in your blog stories, your images still get shown on the web, but also you get free linkage between the accounts hence more Google time?

Oh and don’t be put off by people who take the Mick.

Good luck with it!

wilde86
    Free Member

aah, Muddyground, dont worry! I have used my initiative and found where to buy 🙂

Didnt realise asking was agaisnt any rules, sorry lol

I will have a look at flickr, cheers 🙂

People on here take the mick? 😉 haha

druidh
    Free Member

muddyground – Member
    > Muddyground – Where can I get a spannerfish T-shirt from?! love it!
    Hi wilde86 – thanks for the compliment! Unfortunately I cannot point you in the right direction as it is against forum rules.

It’s not against the rules to answer a genuine query – even if that means you are promoting yourself/your business…… 😉

muddyground
    Free Member

Yeah but when I first got onto the forum I was a bit heavy handed.

grittyshaker
    Free Member

Enjoying reading your blog. It’s “bridleway” though. 🙂

wilde86
    Free Member

ha! Whoops.. best get on the edit! 😉 Cheers Grittyshaker!!

wilde86
    Free Member

Woohoo! figured out how to make my title image smaller! 😉

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Just started a blog… if anyone is interested in having a read :)’ is closed to new replies.