• This topic has 17 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by andyl.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • just moved to penistone
  • teenrat

Just moved to penistone. If anyone is up for a ride or a beer give me a shout. It all feels a bit alien at the moment having moved over from wales!

mickmcd
    Free Member

you should have moved to los angeles or something

wwaswas

I always read it as if it’s hyphenated between the s and t. I assume that’s wrong though?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sofaboy73
    Free Member

kind of just down the road in hillsborough, so if you need showing round for rides with slightly porky middle aged slow men give me a shout, theres a few we do over that neck of the woods as well as wharncliffe and greno almost on your doorstep. equally if you’re a good welsh boy and need other brethren to watch the upcoming rugby with theres a few of us who get together bpugh73 at aol.com

sofaboy73
    Free Member

oh, and penistown always feels a bit alien, its own own unique special micro-culture

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Get yourself along to the Huntsman in Thurlstone, there’s always someone in there who rides or runs. I used to live in Millhouse but moved to Spain a year ago. I used to organise rides with Andy who was the landlord up until about a month ago. There’s a regular called Scott who is a keen rider and also came to Penistone from Wales although he’s from Glasgow. Good pint there as well. Tell them Duncan sent you!

teenrat

Cheers pistonbroke. Just stepping into the huntsman as I write this.

mickmcd
    Free Member

@pistonbroke the landlord left !?

prawny

Hur Hur Penis Town.

jekkyl

you have just moved to the end of Cutgate. looks good, enjoy!
    hahah your town is named after a thingy though!

zokes
    Free Member

Sounds painful

JoeG
    Free Member

He said penis

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

As someone who grew up the next town over
    Rather than penis it’s pronounced pen-is-tonne

Lots of good riding nearby, langsett/cutgate and the Holme valley isn’t too far, (along the transpennine trail to dunford bridge) then you’ve got plenty of off-road action above hade edge, cartworth moor, Holme etc

porlus
    Free Member

Was going to say the Huntsman as a great pub. Only been once when visiting a mate in Stocksbridge. We ended up walking there, so beer was very welcome. Cant wait to go back and see what the new landlady is like. Andy was a character.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

@mickmcd
    Andy has retired and passed the tenancy on to Sam (fem) who used to do the Sunday lunches there. We were back briefly in Sept and things seem to be running as usual. Everyone there is very welcoming and a high proportion are into outdoorsy stuff. It must be getting close to Belgian Blue season which is a Bradfield beer, not what you were assuming.

jimmy

My ex-missus is from PenisTown (that’s where I tied to take her anyway). Lots to go at. Wharncliffe / Grenoside woods is only 15 mins drive away.

jet26
    Free Member

Belgian blue just came out this week I think for Christmas.

Transpennine over dunford bridge direction then over to Langsett and cut gate is a good ride.

Lots of MTB and road biking too – do you ride both or just MTB?

jet

andyl
    Free Member

mickmcd – Member
    you should have moved to los angeles or something

😆

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘just moved to penistone’ is closed to new replies.