Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Just got one of those energy tracker thingies
  • stumpyjon

Got it free from EON

Still at the running around switching everything off stage, sure it will wear off. Things discovered so far:

1. Chargers left plugged in use naff only, seems to be a myth.
    2. Kettles & tumble driers use rather alot (no surprise there).
    3. Kitchen lights can suck up a lot more than I expected.

It was surprisingly easy to set up. It can be linked up to a PC as well for hours of anal stat analysis.

Not sure I'd have paid the £ 40 rrp but for nothing it looks pretty good. Whether it actually changes our energy usage behaviour in the long term is anyones guess.

Anyone else got one?

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

Basic stuff, can't believe they are charging people for it. I've got smart meters, remote boiler controls and smart plugs, and an openpeak controller

stumpyjon

Very sexy, did you have to pay for yours?

falkirk-mark

Just have a look and see how fast yer meters turning

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

No, trailing it free with work… would cost about £450 today, But you can get an Energy Monitor free from us.

l45key
    Free Member

Penrod, which company do you work for and how do we get a free one?

project
    Free Member

Got one of the BG meters, and it works well, and was free, and im not with BG.

Kettles, shower, and George forman grill the thing zooms round the dial,it does become addictive watching it move when you switch something on or off,and it appears to save electric as you watch the meter and see how much youre using or wasting.

Little box that clamps onto the meter cables, that sends a signal by wireless technology to the little clock thing thats just plugged into the mains with a small transformer plug.

So easy to fit even a singletracker could do it.

cynic-al
    Free Member

falkirk-mark – Member
    Just have a look and see how fast yer meters turning

Or spend a few minutes working out the wattage of lights etc.

MoreCashThanDash

We've got a cheap freebie one – it's great. If we've used less than a quid by the time I get home I know the wife has been lazing around instead of washing all my cycling kit …………

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Just got one of those energy tracker thingies’ is closed to new replies.