Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Juin Tech R1 Hydraulic Disc brakes
  • markyd

I’ll declare upfront that I’m not in dependant as my brother runs edgesportsuk.com

If you look at the link to the red ones (http://www.edgesportsuk.com/store/index.php/juin-tech/road-cx/juin-tech-r1-hydraulic-cable-pull-disc-brake-set-cyclocross.html) there are about 7 genuine customer reviews (not his mates posing as customers).

I sold a pair to a good mate that I work with and he’s chuffed with them.

kilo

My cable discs were a pita this Sunday so I’ve just bought a set of these. I’ll report back.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

are they the same as the Ashima ones?

Interbike 2014: Ashima’s new cable-hydro caliper

kilo

Looks like them.

markyd

As far as we know they are the same brake

markyd

I checked, Juin Tech hold the patent and do manufacture for other brands. You can probably work the final bit of the puzzle out!

johnny63

went ahead and bought them anyway – now fitted so will also let you know how they go – look v blingy in red on a black bike 🙂

markyd

bikeradar.com (am I allowed to say that here!) ran a short piece on the brakes today, but not what you’d call a review. They took a set to test after the Silverstone trade show last month so I assume they will run a full review at some point. More importantly road.cc also took a set to review (I think they are a sister sight of singletrack) so that may be more relevant when they publish it.

bikerader article 20Feb15

johnny63, I’m sure my brother would value your comments on here (and on their web site if you have a chance)

epicyclo

Sounds like a great way to get the worst of both worlds….

johnny63

will do, Mark

– we fitted them about 3 weeks ago but haven’t had a chance to get out

– we had a small issue with my adaptor as the screw at the back of the caliper was catching the rear stay (Rose CX) but we changed to another adaptor from a mate’s bike and it worked fine (and when we put the one we’d taken off mine and fitted it to his, that worked fine too – so go figure)

looking forward to trying them out too

kilo

I’ve fitted them on my norco should get to use them this weekend

kilo

Got out on them this weekend, used them both days. First impression was that they were powerful and could lock the wheels with out to much problems. Mainly riding good conditions on Saturday and a bit more of a mud fest around somerset today. The brakes ran well throughout, no variation in power and very pleased with them so far. Will do a better review when home, but so far a thumbs up, and the mrs says she wants a set too.

zinger
    Free Member

+1 on the Juin Tech R1 brakes replaced try spyre brakes with them – much more powerful and lighter too

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Juin Tech R1 Hydraulic Disc brakes’ is closed to new replies.