• This topic has 17 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by cbike.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Juicers
  • BARDSTER
    Free Member

Looking at getting a good quality juicer to shred fruit and veg into juice. Any particularly good ones out there, or ones to avoid? Thanks…

footflaps

We gave ours away to a Charity shop, as it took ages to clean it out after you’d used it.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Mrs Blobby recently got this Panasonic one. Seems very good. Gets a lot of juice out, big tube to shove stuff in, handles the waste well, easy enough to clean.

nsaints
    Free Member

Our Philips is collecting dust in the loft
    at the time of buying it was considered a good model to get (few years back now)

Two issues with juicing IMHO:
    1 – the cost of fruit/vegetables your juicing – perhaps not an issue if you have your own orchard/small holding to grow your own (we don’t)
    2 – clearing up the mess afterwards

BARDSTER
    Free Member

Thanks. Anyone recommend one easy to clean out?

chewkw
    Free Member

BARDSTER – Member

Thanks. Anyone recommend one easy to clean out?

Get a Vitamix blender instead.

You want juice just add more water if it is too thick.

If you have traditional food market or food and veg wholesaler nearby then juicing is cheap.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Get a Vitamix blender instead.

Often part of the reason for juicing is to get rid of the pulp. So depends on your reasons for juicing I guess.

That panasonic one is pretty easy to clean, depends on what your expectations are I guess.

saxabar
    Free Member

Love my Nutribullet. VERY easy to clean. 😀

fasthaggis

Just got one of these on a deal from Tesco (down from £29 to £19).
    After doubling some clubcard vouchers it was £8 🙂

I have been using it to make recovery shakes after night rides,it has been ace,and is very easy to clean.

mrblobby
    Free Member

^^^ if you want a quick easy blender then those are indeed super handy. Use it for similar purposes and nice to stick some fresh fruit in there to add a bit of flavour. Though the OP did ask for a juicer and not a blender.

fasthaggis

It’s thick juice with bits 😉

bob_summers

I’ve had the big silver philips one for a couple of years. Cleaning isn’t an issue if done immediately after finishing. Don’t let it dry out, scoop the pulp into the bin, rinse the various bits under a cold tap. A minute or two, tops. It was worth paying a bit more for solid build and a powerful motor (whole lemons can get it labouring a bit), as it gets used every day.

orangeorange
    Free Member

Anyone else click on this expecting a thread about Steroids ?

BARDSTER
    Free Member

Well, a quick urban dictionary of “juicer” was certainly educational (!)

trademark
    Free Member

If it’s definitely juice you’re after I haven’t bought a juicer for years so not up to date with products but I will say get one that accepts whole fruit so you don’t have to cut it up.

I haven’t used mine since I bought a Nutribullet, although that gives you ‘thick’ juice.

GregMay
    Free Member

Definitely in the blend not juice camp here. Unless you have a medical reason not to take in the extra fibre and vits ..blend it, then add water to dilute.

BARDSTER
    Free Member

Thanks to all for your replies… Incase anyone else is looking … I discovered I actually wanted a BLENDER – cos otherwise you loose all the fibre… Came down to Nutribullet vs Vitamix…. There is heaps of comparisons on the net about these two… I went for a Vitamix off ebay. It’s uber powerful and has large capacity but is pricey. Nutibullet is much cheaper, less powerful and smaller capacity – but does the job well.

cbike
    Free Member

Buy one and give it to a friend. saves a lot of time. Acidic crap you don’t need.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Juicers’ is closed to new replies.