Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Joystick Maxx 2 vs Joystick Mk 5
  • AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

Got a voucher for Evans and going to get a Joystick to use on the commuter and as a head-torch off road (to supplement my Enduro).

Have considered the ‘cheaper’ torches but like Exposures support / 2 yr guarantee, the smart port etc plus I’ve already got 4 brackets on 4 bikes:

So, should I go for the ‘old’

Maxx-2 £116

Seoul 240 Lumen

Or the new

Mk 5 £ 140

Cree XPG 300 lumens

stumpy01

£24 for an extra 60 lumens…..

Is run time improved or the same? I’d be tempted to stump up the extra for the newer model.

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

Quoted run time on both 3hr / 10hr / 24hr…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ourmaninthenorth

Slight Q: where are those prices from?

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

ourmaninthenorth – Member
    Slight Q: where are those prices from?

Current Evans prices but gets complicated – I’ve a voucher that gets me either 15% off the new or 10% off the old

http://www.evanscycles.com/categories/bicycle-accessories/lights/rechargeable-lights

iainc

i have just sold an 09 one and am getting a Mk5 tomorrow, which I ordered a week ago. it is a fair bit brighter and teh beam pattern is slightly better on the lid. The RRP for the Mk 5 with helmet mount is £165

ourmaninthenorth

AA – gotcha. Cheers.

gamo
    Free Member

I have just got a mk5 and my mate has a maxx2,mk5 is definetly brighter and has a better beam pattern, i’m impressed with mine!

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

gamo – Member
    I have just got a mk5 and my mate has a maxx2,mk5 is definetly brighter and has a better beam pattern, i’m impressed with mine!

Better as in spread? I’m more after a narrow directed beam – the Enduro I have is wide, gets me into trouble commuting on the Bristol Bath Railway Path as even on lowest setting pointed down I get accused of blinding on coming riders..

gamo
    Free Member

Its a better head light, beam is brighter and quite foused compared to the maxx.

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

Cheers 🙂

Gordymac
    Free Member

Nice one sounds good, looking forward to getting my one now 😛

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Joystick Maxx 2 vs Joystick Mk 5’ is closed to new replies.