Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Josh Kato wins Tour Divide
  • cycleofaddiction
    Free Member

Josh Kato attacked 125 miles out to move from third to first on the last day to take the win in a record 14 days 11 hrs, over taking Jay Petervery (2nd) and Neil Belchenko (3rd) whilst they were sleeping. Anyone blue dot watching will agree that this has been a fantastic race of human endurance.

oxym0r0n

Thanks for sharing – on my bucket list…

robcolliver
    Free Member

This has been the best TD so far. The physical and mental punishment the riders deal with is awesome and to have three riders bunch together after Abiquiu (around 1900 miles into the race)and not be able to separate them by more than a fag paper at the finish is incredible.

To get a feeling for the race, take a look at

http://www.bikepacking.net/forum/ultra-racing/tour-divide-2015-race-discussion-thread/
    and log in to see the pictures of some of the rigs that folks use.

I considered myself pretty fit, but this is another level.

There is no entry fee 9or any prize money) for this race – it is all still handled with a gentlemans handshake and takes bike racing back to its pureist form.

I’m going to have to do it again. Bugger the cost.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Rorschach
    Free Member

His 2014 Divide was pretty memorable for a whole heap of different reasons (including riding 1000 miles with a broken leg!!!).
    http://faroutwanderings.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/my-tour-divide-2014-story-ingredients.html
    Neil Benchenko’s 3rd is doubly impressive as he he is a rookie.

johnnystorm

Blistering effort from all concerned. 🙂 I wonder if JP’s duff bottom bracket spoilt his chances much?

cycleofaddiction
    Free Member

JP is kicking himself for sleeping for 5 hrs on the last night which is where Josh Kato past him and Belchenko,Kato actually thought he had woken them when he shone his headtorch on them sleeping !

jameso

Brilliant ride by all 3 of them, Kato must be incredibly pleased. Must be even more satisfying after what happened to him in 2014.

johnnystorm

Having just read his blog I’m surprised he’s ever got a bike again, let alone ride the TD! 😆

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Josh Kato wins Tour Divide’ is closed to new replies.