Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Jeremy’s perfect description of the pm
  • beinbhan
    brant
    Free Member

In November, more than 1,800 people complained to the BBC after Clarkson made a joke on Top Gear about lorry drivers killing sex workers.
    The joke followed the conviction of forklift truck driver Steve Wright for the murders of five prostitutes in Ipswich.

Eh? I thought it was a joke about Peter Sutcliffe, not Steve Wright?

auldy
    Free Member

I bet he wouldn’t say it to his face though. Brown v Clarkson Square Go – I would pay to watch that !

thomthumb
    Free Member

what is offensive about calling a one eyed scot ‘a one-eyed scot’

the idiot thing is debateable; the rest is fact!

Philby

Clarkson displaying yet more evidence of what a complete and utter w*nker he really is.

About time the BEEB banned him as well as Carol Thatcher.

brant
    Free Member

About time the BEEB banned him as well as Carol Thatcher.

What a terrible shade of grey you’d like to paint the place Philby.

grumm
    Free Member

Clarkson being just an idiot, rather than a one-eyed scottish one.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

This really is a load of rubbish. The bloke told a joke (that has a lot of fact in it). FFS there really are more important things to get worked up about.

grumm
    Free Member

what is offensive about calling a one eyed scot ‘a one-eyed scot’

the idiot thing is debateable; the rest is fact!

Dunno – mentioning someone’s nationality while insulting them seems a little xenophobic (no surprise there from Clarkson).

How about if he was talking about, say, an Indian?

miketually
    Free Member

Doesn’t the curl-haired English idiot have a right to slag off the PM?

Kuco

I thought he summed the pm up a treat 😉

beinbhan
    miketually
    Free Member

How about if he was talking about, say, an Indian?

What if an Indian TV presenter from the Tamil Nadu region had a go at an Indian politician from the Himachal Pradesh region?

(Regions picked at random.)

Smee
    Free Member

We disowned GB a few years back – he isn’t a scot any more – naturalised english is what he is.

solamanda
    Free Member

Storm in a tea cup. Bloody media.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’ve been reading Clarkson’s stuff for years, since probably the late 80s/early 90s and in that time he’s insulted just about everyone and everything at some point. (And being a cyclisy/motorcyclist a lot of it is straight at me!) But I just find him amusing, knowlegeable, passionate and funny. Always have, always will.
    People take him faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar too seriously, methinks. And anything like this will be stirred to the max by the press after the Ross/Brand affair anyway.
    I imagine JC doesn’t give a flying **** about it, TBH.

conkerman
    Free Member

Weesus, break out the vegetarian sandals, the lafties are at it again 🙂

Bewing factual and being racist are often very different. We are being programmed not to see the difference.

To use the example.

Calling the hypothetical person an indian idiot. I ain’t got a problem with that.

Calling him a Pakistani idiot is insulting to the majority of Indians and factually incorrect.

A glass of perspective and tonic are needed here.

Conks

andym
    Free Member

Clarkson in ‘Jeremy Clarkson behaving like an @rsehole shocker’ .

Immature English geriatric.

firestarter
    Free Member

i like him 😉 his books are quite funny and the pm is a one eyed porridge muncher 😉

porterclough
    Free Member

As Brown represents a Scottish constituency in a UK parliament that makes laws to govern England, while Scotland has its own parliament for Scottish matters (and Brown’s party doesn’t control that parliament), mentioning his Scottishness is perhaps very aposite…

grumm
    Free Member

How about if he talked about, say ‘stupid polish bastards’? What is the relevance of mentioning people’s nationality in that context, other than implying its in some way derogatory.

I’m not saying its out and out racist and I don’t see any massive problem with him saying it, but it is probably indicative of the fact that he is basically a xenophobic troll. He can be entertaining at times, but he is an utter cock.

Besides we all know how touchy the scots are. 😛

Junkyard
    Free Member

with grummm sometimes funny often offensive bit of a kn0b really.

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

Martin Brundle got away with calling the workers relaying the asphalt at the Canadian Grand Prix Pikeys, which is far worse than calling a one eyed scot a one eyed scot..

His idiot status is obviously open to discussion.

Daveb575
    Free Member

andym – Member
    Clarkson in ‘Jeremy Clarkson behaving like an @rsehole shocker’

Probably more like ‘Jeremy Clarkson saying something to provoke a reaction shocker’

I’m with Peterpoddy on this. Whilst I don’t agree with a lot of the stuff he says I have been reading his stuff for years and find him really funny. It is also abundantly clear that the vast majority of the things he says are said to provoke a reaction not necessarily express his views.

matthewjb
    Free Member

I like the fact that everyone is concerned about Brown being called a Scot.

No one is disputing he is an idiot.

HeatherBash
    Free Member

>As Brown represents a Scottish constituency in a UK parliament that makes laws to govern England, while Scotland has its own parliament for Scottish matters (and Brown’s party doesn’t control that parliament), mentioning his Scottishness is perhaps very aposite… <

So the West Lothian question makes Brown a de facto idiot?

Its apposite btw

bigyinn
    Free Member

Jeremy clarkson polarises opinion and upsets somebody.

Yaawwwnnnn.

I think he’s funny, but most his stuff is said specifically to get a reaction. No problems here.

molgrips
    Free Member

Clarkson’s a dick. End of thread.

I thought he was funny when I was 11 or 12.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Why so much attention is paid to what Clarkson says, is beyond me. I mean, of what importance is he? He’s just a TV presenter, same as Wossy, Chris Tarrant, Sarah Beeny or whoever. Would we reallly care, if Terry Wogan said something ‘controversial’? Not really.

If he were a politician, or someone with some political or financial power, and their comments could affect the running of things, food production or people’s lives, then maybe there’d be cause for concern.

But it’s Clarkson, ffs. He’s just a bloke with a big gob, who says ‘outrageous’ stuff, to get attention. Bit like me or Hora.

I bet his ego has been fed nicely by this media hysteria. He loves it- it helps his career!

This is just one of those stories for those who can’t understand more important and complex issues, or who are to scared to face more alarming facts, so that they can have something to prattle on about at work or wherever.

Meanwhile, in other news, Famine, War, Death, Destruction, Chaos….

Personally, I’m far more concerned with, amongst other things, how our courts appear to kowtow to orders from the American military, and the implications this has, on Truth and Justice in our Nation, than what some tw4t in ill-fitting jeans and a silly hairdo thinks…

grumm
    Free Member

Because he’s very good at being a troll.

Stu

Clarkson’s apology:

“In the heat of the moment I made a remark about the Prime Minister’s personal appearance for which, upon refection, I apologise.”

Really love the fact that everyone is offended about the one eye thing but nobody disagrees about the idiot bit! 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

But, surely the one-eyed bit is fact, whereas the idiot bit could be debated. OK, so I know which side of the fence I’d be on, but you could debate the issue.

He IS a Scot and he has only got one eye. Those are facts.

srrc
    Free Member

Go for it JC! Upset as many as possible. Sanctimonious ****.
    Perhaps Carol T could go to Oz and start calling people Gollys as well.

BigDummy
    Free Member

As with Bwand ‘n’ Woss and the ridiculous Carol Thatcher, I could care less, and do not want to be bothered.

Since we are caring:

– calling a one0-eyed man “one-eyed” is not particularly insulting, and accurate. But it is unnecessary.

– calling someone who is scottish “scottish” is also fair enough, but unneccessary.

– calling the prime minister an “idiot” is fine, but let’s have a discussion about his idiocy which does not refer to his nationality or personal appearance, which add nothing to the argument that any sensible person needs to know. If Clarkson is a serious public figure with somethign interesting to say about why BGordon Brown is an idiot then he should get on and say it. Until he bothers, and while he lives in the land of “poke people and watch them get out-raged” then I reserve the right to regard him as a person on no interest or consequence, much like Jade Goody, Paris Hilton, Andy Murray et al.

🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

If Clarkson is a serious public figure with somethign interesting to say about why BGordon Brown is an idiot then he should get on and say it. Until he bothers……………

Read his column in the Sunday Times for a regulary update on why Mr C thinks Gordon is an idiot. He’s right, too.

Gary_C

Just watched a piece on ITN ref Clarkson.
    Katie Derham,reading the news put plenty of emphasis into the phrase:”One eyed Scottish idiot” when she repeated what he had said.lol.
    Imho Clarkson was just stating facts:
    One eyed…..Fact
    Scottish…..Fact
    Idiot……..Fact

grumm
    Free Member

People going on about how he is only ‘stating facts’. Its not really the point is it. Do you enjoy highlighting people’s physical characteristics or race while insulting them

eg if you saw an overweight black person on crutches, would you refer to them as a ‘fat black cripple’?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Forgive me if I’m wrong, but GB appears to have two eyes. Is one false? All I can find is that he is blind in one eye.

So, if he actually possesses 2 eyes, regardless of one not working, JC is actually factually wrong.

Not particularly nice to use someone’s disability in a derogatory attack. Or their nationality.

As for the ‘idiot’ bit; GB is a lot more intelligent and better educated than JC appears to be.

Without going into the ins and outs; GB is the British Prime Minister, and JC is a w4nky TV presenter.

I doubt GB is too worried.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

He could always throw his phone at the telly next time Top Gear is on.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Jeremy’s perfect description of the pm’ is closed to new replies.