Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • jaya bike – too good/cheap to be true
  • adrec
    Free Member

http://jaya-bike.net/products.php?product=Giant-Trance-X3-2011-Bike

Any one had any experience with this site? Says its based in Indonesia, not seen it pop up on any google searches before today. Is this the mtb equivalent of a Nigerian lottery win?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Looks in the too good to be true section at 1/2 price. Would expect to get stung for VAT and import duty on it. Good luck with any warranty on it!!

adrec
    Free Member

Not too bothered about the warranty at that price, and it does say it includes vat. Even if you hit witha 20% tax bill its still very cheap

adrec
    Free Member

Shippings £154. Still seems ridiculously cheap. A 2011 giant x2, delivered, for 900 quid

mikewsmith
    Free Member

HMRC Import
    If the website is not right you will be due Customs Duty at 14% then VAT at 20% which brings you up to about £1000

Matt24k
    Free Member

The shipping to the UK is GBP155 and it says “£708.63 (including Export TAX/VAT & Insurance)”. The key word is Export. As the buyer you will be liable for Import Tax and VAT. I’m not sure what the duty on bikes is but It looks to be 14% plus VAT at 20%. That comes to some where near £1125.

adrec
    Free Member

Even so, the cheapest I can find it for elsewhere is £1700. £1125 is still massively cheap for a bike with an rrp of £2400!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Sounds like your convinced!

No secure payment signs on the site so I guess use a CC and buyer beware really. Get a detailed check on the customs charges as I was just quickly goggling it. Also The shipper will add £50 for handling paying your customs too.

adrec
    Free Member

Looking into it they only except paypal. Surely that’s even safer than using a card. Seems like a bit of a gamble but could be worth it. They’ve even got the carbon trance x1 for £1300 posted

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I wouldn’t touch a site like that with a 100ft barge pole. If it seems too good to be true then it usually is.

adrec
    Free Member

What have you got to lose though with a paypal payment? If the bike doesn’t turn up cancel the transaction

mikewsmith
    Free Member

What have you got to lose though with a paypal payment? If the bike doesn’t turn up cancel the transaction

Your money? Had a paypal dispute and didn’t get it all back.

MrPottatoHead

Looks well dodgy to me too

http://www.king-cycle.net/pages/About-King-Cycle.html

Same site, address etc.

Superficial
    Free Member

Yeah the Paypal deal is that if someone rips you off, they will attempt to retrieve your money. If they fail, that’s apparently not their problem and you’re out of pocket.

Having said that, can’t you pay by credit card with Paypal? Will that eliminate the risk?

I’d walk away, the prices just don’t add up. They’re selling a £2400 bike for £700, and if you believe the site that’s already including various taxes meaning the shop will take £600 – £650 ish? 25% of the list price. GTFO.

adrec
    Free Member

You’re right about that kingcycle site. That’s sold it to me. Looks too dodgy to be true.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Total amateur website and they are based in Indonesia..
    dont be stupid now and get sucked into this scam.

snaps
    Free Member
    piha
    Free Member

What could go wrong?!

Matt24k
    Free Member

The cheapest (£1398.99) UK legitimate supplier I can find is
    http://www.ashcycles.com/site/giant-trance-x3-2011?zenid=0b5f4d5be07a441d15bfbe7d9b348d65
    You can even collect it from an actual shop.
    This was 60 seconds on Google so you may do slightly better but you will get a bike.

njee20
    Free Member

Folk really are too trusting. How on earth is that ever gonna be legit?! Mental.

I’ll bet you have a lot of rich relatives dying in Nigerian plane crashes too.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I bet the paypal link won’t work and after a few emails between you and the store they will end up asking you to send them the money by Western Union or Moneygram.

njee20
    Free Member

I would be interested to see someone try, see what actually happens.

BenjiM

The sheer range of road bikes sets alarm bells ringing too.

al2000

Indonesian cheap bike site = scam.

hillbilly5241
    Free Member

Hi there Anrec, I been considering buying a Road Bike from this site but have had the same concerns. The TCR Advanced I want is £832 including delivery and taxes….. That’s £750 cheaper than any other I’ve found!! Like you said, almost too good to be true! What have you decided to do? If you have decided to buy from Jaya, can you let me know if your purchase is successful?

njee20
    Free Member

If this website was brought to your attention with this email:

Hi friend, if you worry about payment safetys, just send me £832, I’ll send you the bike. I make promises on my mothers lifes.

I need monies by Western Union, and I ship you wedding dress bicycles within 2-3 months.

You seem to be gullible fool sensible and trusting gentleman.

Would you be more, or less inclined to part with your hard earned? 🙄

Like you said, almost too good to be true!

Almost too good? Seriously?

Matt24k
    Free Member

Unless you are the sort of person that also enjoys giving your account number and PIN to random people on the net, I would avoid this site like the plague.

FuzzyWuzzy

Any Indonesian-based cheap bike site should be ignored, it’s all a massive scam. And yeah the old adage of too good to be true applies, selling stuff below cost should ring alarm bells…

matt432
    Free Member

well randomly typed in letters and numbers for the address details ect and it said your order is on its way and I hadn’t even paid

wellyfish
    Free Member

total scam dudes ,i was looking at carbon scale pro £460 to cheap.
    looked up place on net. few people already been sucked in and lost there money,and never got there bikes..and found this link listing know scams in indonesa …

http://www.worldlawdirect.com/forum/online-purchases-sales/57409-list-scammer-website-bicycle-stores-indonesia.html

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘jaya bike – too good/cheap to be true’ is closed to new replies.