First one broke at the seat tube, just above the top tube.
Second one broke at the left hand seat stay and chain stay, probably due to the torque reaction of the Rohloff hub.
Third one broke at the seat tube, just above the top tube.
Yesterday, at Erlestoke 12, I noticed this on my 11 month old titanium Lynskey "frame for life".
Breaking three different frames in the same place is a bit of a coincidence.
Maybe it's my riding style. I'm 95kg and probably ride a lot further and faster than most people my weight, although I would expect the manufacturers to allow for that in a large frame.
I tend to ride bridleways and sit down to pedal as much as possible even over the bumps, whereas a trail centre rider would tend to sit down while pedalling up the fire roads and stand while descending.
Anyway, I'm riding Bristol Bike Fest 12 hour solo next weekend and don't feel up to doing it on my single speed.
I definitely don't want to do Mountain Mayhem solo single speed in three weeks time, so I could do with a frame by then at the latest.
As I see it, my short term options are;
1. Convert My Kona Big Unit to Rohloff.
2. Buy a 29er Rohloff frame.
3. But a complete 29er. I've thought about giving SRAM XX 2x10 a go for racing anyway.
1. Get a replacement Lynskey frame.
2. Get a cash refund from CRC. What are my rights here ? can I demand a refund after 11 months, or has it got to be a replacement, which I'm not too keen on, as I'm not the first person to break a Lynskey frame and a new one probably won't last long either.
Any recommendations for a Graham proof 29er Rohloff hardtail frame or a complete 29er 2x10 bike ?