Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • iTunes – how to copy songs to SD Card?
  • BigJohn

I’m sure this has been done before, so forgive me.

I keep all my music in iTunes on my PC, and let iTunes organise the files nicely in the iTunes music folder, and everything is in mp3 format.

So far so good.

However, Mrs BigJohn has just got a Sony Ericsson phone that plays music so she wants me to make a playlist and copy it over. I bought a 4gb micro SD card to hold the music, and I can plug it into my laptop SD slot and write to it.

I know I can sync to the card using Windows media player, and I can manually copy files across, but I really want to set up a playlist in iTunes and sync from there, but I just can’t figure out how to make it work.

Put me out of my misery, please somebody!

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

have you looked at a program called CopyTrans4 it lets you do most things with your iPod or iPhone without using iTunes.

bensales
    Free Member

You’re not going to be able to automatically sync playlists. iTunes can only do that with iPods and iPhones.

Only option, which I’ve just tested, is to create a playlist (smart or otherwise) in iTunes, then select all the songs in the list and drag’n’drop them onto the sd card.

iDave
    Free Member

best way i’ve found is to make a folder on the desktop, then drag the songs from iTunes into the folder, then drag the folder onto the sd card

BigJohn

Well I never. It worked! Thanks Ben & Dave.

Sounds all a bit like “put the message in the box, put the box into the car, drive the car around the world, till you’ve been heard”

Anybody like to get the reference?

CountZero

Yes, but can’t remember the band. It’s always been simple to put songs onto a card for use on a phone. SE and Nokia phones will also happily read files ripped in AAC, as that’s actually MP4, the higher spec version of MP3. My old N95 would play straight from a microSD, tracks ripped in AAC+, which I just drag’n’dropped. The battery would die after two hours, mind, but that’s another issue.

World Party

BigJohn

Dat’s Dem.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘iTunes – how to copy songs to SD Card?’ is closed to new replies.