Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • its the remix from Transition 2018 hot and fresh out the kitchen
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

[video]http://vimeo.com/230078670[/video]

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

kayak23

Brilliant 😀

jamj1974

Nice!

BoardinBob

Paint jobs look cheap and nasty. Like something you’d see on an Apollo from Halfords. A shame as the 2017 models were really nice aesthetically.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I really like the look of these.

kimbers

Paint jobs not that bad, smuggler / sentinel tough decision…

Also what happened to Vimeo embedding on here ?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Smuggler for me. An extra 5mm of travel!

greyspoke
    Free Member

Wonder if they fit fatter 29″ tyres, older ones a bit iffy for 2.5’s.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Well I’m presuming they have the power of boost

stewartc
    Free Member

Ayyyy, just got a ElevenSix for my 2017 Patrol, I’m guessing with the new linkage it will not move across, are the shock sizes written down anywhere?

chakaping
    Free Member

Them be metric shocks, pardner.

I almost want to buy one just for that video, but it’s too late – I’m already spoken for.

chakaping
    Free Member

*duplicate*

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

fox metric shocks no less

poah
    Free Member

assuming these prices are for the patrol – bloody expensive considering you only get a 2 year warranty.

£1849.95 frameset
    £4049.95 gx eagle build
    £5049.95 xo eagle build

kimbers

assuming carbon thats pretty much inline with 2018 bikes from other brands tbh

2 year warranty is a bit naff though

richwales

Do they need forks with less offset to get the benefit of the “sbg”? So if you go frame only new forks are needed if your existing ones are standard offset?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

@richwales I believe new forks are needed yes

wobbliscott
    Free Member

The sentinel is metal so a chuffing expensive frame and as richwales says you really need new forks with much smaller offset to get the intended geometry. I still like them though

chiefgrooveguru
    russyh
    Free Member

Like the sound/look of the sentinel, put off by the need for a replacement fork etc.

poah
    Free Member

kimbers – Member

assuming carbon thats pretty much inline with 2018 bikes from other brands tbh

2 year warranty is a bit naff though

nope that’s alu, 1745-1799 for the 2017 which can now be had for under £1400

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

some good info in there chiefgrooveguru cheers

smuggler

chiefgrooveguru

As someone who’s riding a trail bike (Spitfire with -2 headset, 63.7/64.2HA) with a similarly slack head angle, I’m not convinced you need the shorter offset fork as long as you’re not going too big on the sizing – so err towards the smaller size for your height.

The shorter offset on these bikes increases the trail figure whilst shortening the front centre. If you run a bit more shock vs fork sag that’ll increase the trail and then if you run a 45mm rather than 40mm stem that’ll put your hands in the same place vs the front wheel.

Yetiman
    Free Member

The Sentinel is the first of the recent long travel 29er offerings where I think I’d be happy on the large version instead of the XL, and I’d also be happy to use my existing 51mm offset 160mm Avalanche Pike on a frame only build.

bigjim

Quality video

I’d like to try the new smuggler in comparison to my own one. Sentinel looks a beast but too much bike for where I ride

Prices look very favourable compared to other quality brands too.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member
    roverpig

It’s a typically fun video from Transition to be sure, but it still plays on the basic idea that your old bike is no longer any good just because there is something new.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘its the remix from Transition 2018 hot and fresh out the kitchen’ is closed to new replies.