Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • It's not just cycling
  • MSP

At last, they are starting to reveal how widespread the drugs problem is across all sports. Instead of pretending its all just a cycling problem.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21363100

growinglad
    Free Member

I read something the other day that struck a chord with me.

We hear a lot about cycling, because cycling actually tries to clean things up (how hard they try is up for discussion)….we don’t hear about other sports, but that’s probably not to do with the fact there aren’t drugs being used, rather, the governing bodies aren’t interested in clearing up the sport.

Although I would really welcome the day when you can watch a bike race and know that all the competitors are clean.

Pigface
    Free Member

Amazed that the Rugby League story hasn’t come out sooner. So the Australians are wholesale cheaters 😉 the barmy army will have some great new songs after this 😆

bratty

In addition to this:

In the last few days, Dick Pound (ex-WADA chief who was pointing the finger at cycling a few years back) catagorically stated he thought Tennis had a big drugs problem.

This morning, I read in a German paper that one of the Spanish top football teams was named in the Puerto court case.

The ex-chairman of a Spanish football club has said his team had a doping ring connected to Puerto.

This is in addition to the Australian story from this morning. One big thing is whether the Spanish government is going to let the names from Puerto come out. On one hand they want to protect their sports, but on the other they are bidding for the Olympics and I cannot see how even the IOC could let them hold the games if they do not co-operate in anti-doping (also I cannot see how a bankrupt country could afford them either!).

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Pretty damning report but no surprise sadly. I have seen how far drugs has trickled down into amateur and even junior sport, so the idea of clean pro sports stretches my imagination just a bit too far sadly.

RustySpanner

It’s all sport.
    Fixing is endemic as well.

Basically as Mr Bridger once memorably said “EVERYBODY is bent!”.

alex222
    Free Member

Where there’s money there’s a fix.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Golf is riddled , but they say its above them !!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘It's not just cycling’ is closed to new replies.