Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • It's not everyday you get to ride with a National XC champion…
  • mboy
    Free Member

Was down the Wyre Forest today with a couple of friends just riding some trails, we rode one section and came onto a main path about 100 yards in front of 3 other cyclists and we carried on. When we stopped in the clearing a few hundred metres further up, they came over to chat to us. “Do you know any decent trails round here, we’ve not been here before” the guy asked… So I offered to show him and his 2 daughters (as it turned out) around a bit as we had only just started our ride.

Anyway… Having noticed they were all lycraed up in team gear and all on lightweight carbon bikes I did apologise that it might be a bit slower than they were used to and wouldn’t take offence if they didn’t want to hang around. Ended up riding the next 2 1/2 hours with them, and turns out the older of the 2 girls is Beth Crumpton, last years Junior national XC champ! And yes, she was pretty quick on a bike… By the end of the ride I was totally annihilated, and though she claimed to be pretty tired I think she was just trying to be polite and make us feel better!

Random day, great ride, and good luck Beth with the Nat champs and of course the World Cups too!

cynic-al
    Free Member

I reckon they’re posting up on “xcjeypersonworld.com” about riding with an stw Big Hitter, well done!

mboy
    Free Member

Not so sure about that one Al… She seemed like she’s got a life! 😉

Touched that you’ve noticed me though… Mwah xxx

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

That’s a real nice story mboy! Thanks for sharing.

Young ones are great for making us feel older eh!

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

From here twitter,

Beth Crumpton ? @BethCrumpton Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    such a good ride exploring Wyre Forest in the sunshine, awesome trails & met a good bunch of people to ride with!

mboy
    Free Member

Yeah they are. Though I’m not actually “that” old myself! Still nearly old enough to be her Dad mind, but not quite…

Houns

*sends Beth a link to this thread*

mrdestructo

<delete>

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

It is if you do the Elite National championships you get to race against them all.Tim Davies/Tim Gould/David Baker/Chris Young/Paul Hinton and many more.Hay-Ho 😆

ac282

Have you just arrived from 1992?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘It's not everyday you get to ride with a National XC champion…’ is closed to new replies.