Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 102 total)
  • it's a shame how boring this has become
  • Kevevs
    Free Member

I don’t think I need to say anything more. what a boring forum. No real debate, no ideas, no annoying **** to wind people up. NO FUN! maybe it’s me that’s changed sob.. It’s boring. or I’m boring.apart from that brilliant Idaaa of that thing. probably the cooler the you are the weirder you are. The worker the more the better you are to find the emothional expectrum to find something.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

no it isn’t!!
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kQFKtI6gn9Y[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7xgiO_NdkQ[/video]

Kevevs
    Free Member

interesting to see knee jerk reactions from people that think they are cool lol! solidify your point of view with a really heavy piece o work or big bag o crisps i’m bored

globalti
    Free Member

This forum is good if you want a laugh or suggestions for dealing with a life situation or domestic crisis but I find Cycle Chat better for cycling discussions.

Raindog
    Free Member

This forum is good if you want a laugh or suggestions for dealing with a life situation or domestic crisis but I find Cycle Chat better for cycling discussions.

Sorry but I think this post goes a long way to proving the op’s point 😆

boxelder

proving the OP’s point

I thought it was more a stream trickle of drunken conciousness.

LeeW

Sorry but I think this post goes a long way to proving the op’s point

+1, it’s a bit like a middle class version of Eastenders. People bemoaning their middle class problems, it’s only interesting for a while before the same things keep raising their heads.

Pigface
    Free Member

A few lifetime bans and some draconian moderating I think has sanitised this forum.

wrightyson
    Free Member

**** the moderators!!!!
    Let’s riot!!!!!
    <splashes freshly squeezed orange juice on keyboard>

yunki
    Free Member

There seems to be a rancorous hardcore of acrimonious misanthropes that are determined to prevent any abstract discussion or exchange of ideas, preferring instead to steer all threads into perpetual debate over minutiae..

It’s a bit difficult trying to express any opinions that don’t toe the official right wing middle class party line without getting harangued by the ever waiting mob.. unless you have the patience of a saint and a very great deal of spare time it can be difficult to get past the inane simian squabbling and house of commons style jeering with your point intact..

Perhaps what we need is a vociferous and tenacious ‘speaker’ who is ready and willing to keep these boisterous buffoons in check by injecting a little ribald but erudite common sense into the proceedings.. some sort of righteous self-aggrandising cockney missile who will offer their services out of the goodness of their ‘eart, before this fine old British tavern becomes a Wetherspoons..?

bullheart
    Free Member

Perhaps what we need is a vociferous and tenacious ‘speaker’ who is ready and willing to keep these boisterous buffoons in check by injecting a little ribald but erudite common sense into the proceedings.. some sort of righteous self-aggrandising cockney missile who will offer their services out of the goodness of their ‘eart, before this fine old British tavern becomes a Wetherspoons..

Would you have a mayn in question…?

😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Perhaps what we need is a vociferous and tenacious ‘speaker’ who is ready and willing to keep these boisterous buffoons in check by injecting a little ribald but erudite common sense into the proceedings.. some sort of righteous self-aggrandising cockney missile who will offer their services out of the goodness of their ‘eart, before this fine old British tavern becomes a Wetherspoons..

Please god, no.

Would be interesting to know the official stat’s for STW in its H&S liberated guise…

Change in number of active posters. Page views stats. Moderator hours…etc

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Scratches head draws a blank and leaves!

khani
    Free Member

A few lifetime bans and some draconian moderating I think has sanitised this forum.

+1

**** the moderators!!!!
    Let’s riot!!!!!
    <splashes freshly squeezed orange juice on keyboard>

They’ll send you down for that now y’know..

cynic-al
    Free Member

The recent step up in modding has made it duller imo, and well some still get away with being v offensive.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

some still get away with being v offensive.

Isn’t the problem that too many forum users are taking offence?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What yunkiman says.

More or less anyway.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I miss Fred.

yossarian
    Free Member

If people don’t like the forum then say something interesting instead of waiting for someone else to.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

If people don’t like the forum then say something interesting instead of waiting for someone else to.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Where is Fred?

I think his contributions to the “film” thread would have been eclectic.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I am banned from obsessive / excessive arguing which has me treading a fine line some of the time.

I think the forum will allways keep changing in mood and I don’t think there was some halcyon time when it was better than now although I do wonder if the reigning in of some folk – myself included – went a bit too far.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I am banned from obsessive / excessive arguing which has me treading a fine line some of the time.

I think the forum will allways keep changing in mood and I don’t think there was some halcyon time when it was better than now although I do wonder if the reigning in of some folk – myself included – went a bit too far.

What a load of bollocks.

(remember…no arguing TeeJ)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

LOL @ 40DD… TeeJ if you could’ve reigned in yourself then there wouldn’t have been any need for the moderation?

TBH this thread is already getting boring. Anyone want to talk about low carb dIets?

clubber
    Free Member

I think that was for your own mental wellbeing, TJ…

This thread has repeated regularly for at least 10 years on here. in fact I wouldn’t be surprised if it was the first thread ever posted 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

What a load of bollocks.

(remember…no arguing TeeJ)

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Have the bra ads reappeared yet?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

There are ads? Etc…

🙂

RustySpanner

TJ, to be honest, your arguing with Al was stinking out the whole place.

As for Fred, well I miss him.
    All he had to do was to self-moderate when he was in one of ‘those’ moods, but he couldn’t bring himself to move away from the keyboard.
    Hell of a shame, he came across as a lovely bloke 95% of the time, and an absolute nightmare the rest of it.

Ah well, he’s urinated on his fried spuds, said some really nasty things to the wrong people and nothing can be done about it now.
    As I say, hell of a shame.
    He was a great deflator of some of the the self important egotists that predominate on here.

schnullelieber
    Free Member

There seems to be a rancorous hardcore of acrimonious misanthropes that are determined to prevent any abstract discussion or exchange of ideas, preferring instead to steer all threads into perpetual debate over minutiae..

We’re going to need some XXXL placards for that slogan at the demo. Might need to carry them in pairs…

GrahamS

So, still bitter about the UFO thread then yunki? 😀

Challenging your abstract ideas with a bit of science “minutiae” is all part of the debate and very much in line with the history of great debate that you want us to aspire to. I don’t think this place would be more interesting if we all agreed with each other, or let people spout any old bollocks without challenging it.

He was a great deflator of some of the the self important egotists that predominate on here.

He was one of the worst of them (us?). But yeah I do miss him. He was quite funny, intelligent and lucid when he’d been taking his meds.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It’s a bit difficult trying to express any opinions that don’t toe the official right wing middle class party line without getting harangued by the ever waiting mob..

Lightweight.

yunki
    Free Member

Challenging your abstract ideas with a bit of science “minutiae”

It’s not all about you you you petal.. I’ve 200 odd pages of posting history before you sashayed into my life with your contributions on that thread..

*shudders*

but yes.. I am still sulking.. 😐

Cougar

1) stop whining and lead by example. You want an interesting forum? Be interesting.

2) no-one’s forcing you to be here if you don’t like it.

3) here’s a kitten in a bag.

trailmonkey

oh no, i suspect the stw universe is about to retract into another one of those navel gazing introspective nightmares where we all dwell on how it was so much better back when………

reg and ron, fred would have sorted it all out………..’

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

When I were a lad this was all fields………………

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

When I were a lad there was no t’internet – we had to make do with a ball of string and cocoa tins

project
    Free Member

Keveers , you ASDA be aving a laugh.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

When I were a lad this place was funny – now its just peculiar

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘it's a shame how boring this has become’ is closed to new replies.