Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Issue 85 App – Update
  • Mark

We are embarrassed to report that issue 85 of Singletrack has been delayed in our App across all platforms. The issue was launched on Friday but it was so full of bugs and errors that we instructed our App provider to pull it from sale until they could fix the errors in their app.

We are gutted about this as we put a huge amount of work into this particular digital issue with the aim of publishing our most interactive issue ever and it has been hugely frustrating to have all that work presented so badly as a result of errors in the app and the software behind it.

We’ve been promised that the issue will launch in the next day or so and we will keep you updated.

We are really sorry about this 🙁

mikewsmith
    Free Member

🙁 this seems to have impacted international postage as I was getting my copy down here in tassie nice and early prior to this – I blame the internet

wors

Better late than never, no ones died etc.

Smudger666

so its not me being computer-illiterate then – phew!

bobmac892

Any update?

And may I venture an opinion, ditch Pocketmags. I’ve been on board since the start and there just seems to be problem after problem with them. More often than not I just wind up downloading the PDF format and reading it that way. I do miss the print copy though! Ah the good old days when there was a bit of money about!

Mark

We are now waiting for Apple to ‘expedite’ an update of our app. Once that goes live we will be sending a push message to all devices with our app telling them to update their app before downloading issue 85.

cp

Does the same apply to pocketmag? Might try the PDF version on the tablet later. FWIW the pocketmag app has worked well for me so far.

Mark

The read on screen version via Pocketmags website should work fine as does our own pageflip versions and PDF downloads from our mag Archive.

It’s the App version that is delayed.

Mark

The App update has happened!

PLEASE NOTE…

You must update the app on your Apple device (Other devices should be fine). When you have updated the app, open it and if you have issue 85 already downloaded in your library DELETE IT and download it again.

If you don’t the issue may not work correctly.

Please report any issues you have to us at tech@singletrackworld.com

marthall
    Free Member

Sorry to hijack this thread with a (semi) related post.

Am I right in assuming that if I subscribe on an iOS device it’s that DEVICE that has the subscription not my Apple ID? I’ve just subscribed and it works on my phone but not my iPad. The iPad says someone else has already subscribed.

I subscribed just as 85 came out so I don’t know if I copped the wonky version and that’s my issue (no pun intended)

patricksingletrack
    Free Member

Hi Marthall,
    Was your subscription purchased through us or Apple?

If through us and you followed the instructions here
    http://singletrackworld.com/singletrack-app-for-ipad/
    you need to create a pocketmags account on the first device you activated. You can then use the pocketmags account details to login on the second device.

To clarify, the activation on the first device creates a temporary (non-iTunes) pocketmags account. If you then create a full pocketmags account the sub can then be used on other devices.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Mark please don’t be embarrassed about the issue “roll-out” this month, the app is so bad I never use it. I just download PDF onto my computer then sync it to my iPad.

mattjg
    Free Member

@mark and patrick, it looks like you’ve gone to a lot of trouble to adapt the content to the app (e.g. removed the dps photography for the ‘UK riding’ feature and maybe elsewhere, repaginated).

It looks like the app doesn’t even support DPS (landscape orientation), and personally I always find the ‘sideways for article headers, down for content’ model a bit odd, I find it breaks the flow and inhibits browsing. (I work in digital publishing, our app is more traditional – DPS in landscape orientation, single page on portrait).

Just my 2p, hope that helps. I fully understand one can’t please all the people all the time, and one has to try new things. And maybe the app sells a lot of subs so is worthwhile.

marthall
    Free Member

@patrick – That’s worked a treat! Thank you!… I didn’t fancy trying to read it on an iPhone when I’ve got a big fat iPad sat doing nothing

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Issue 85 App – Update’ is closed to new replies.