Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • issue 79 "u fall u die"
  • rOcKeTdOg

OMG that photo of the cliffside steps ,totally insane!

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

not got mine 🙁

nuke

Some fantastic photos on that article

fakesounding
    Free Member

Those photos in that article are amazing.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Video link

Phew, sweating just watching this

rOcKeTdOg

watching that through my fingers, don’t want to watch, but can’t look away!

nuke

That vid is amazing…the bit that looked the scariest for me was from around 5:00 to 5:15 😯

chipps

Shep, I think the mags are due to start arriving to most people tomorrow. No need to send out the search parties yet 🙂

Coyote
    Free Member

[smug]Got mine[/smug]

Saving it for daughter’s swimming night tomorrow.

That vid is amazing. Real edge of the seat stuff. Scary as!

tony_m
    Free Member

[smug] Got mine too. And that’s without a P next to my name… 8) [/smug]

fakesounding
    Free Member

ye gods! that video made me clench more than once…

ton

i have a old RSF journal somewhere.
    in it a couple in their 50’s take their fully loaded tourers up that.

god knows why…… 😆

cinnamon_girl

Did anyone else feel distinctly queasy looking at those pics? I think I should tear them out. 😳

I know, I’m rubbish. 🙁

A video? No bloomin’ way!

philbert31
    Free Member

Good article but i really liked the Mud Mud Glorious Mud column!

althepal

Jeezo- glad I went for a wee before watching that!

boxelder

What’s the fuss – it’s fenced.

Hang on…………they’re on 26″ wheels OMGooooooooooooooddddddddd

hh45
    Free Member

we stayed in the cliff top hotel from where it starts only this August. Amazing view but the idea of riding down is bonkers although in a strange way the video doesn’t look too awful and exposed. Most people in the hotel were climbers and via ferrata people.

We took the cable car up from Leukerbad and then there is a fairly tame but v scenic descent over the back via v nice restaurant where they serve 5 egg omelettes or “3 egg for snack”. See Ride the Alps website if you fancy it.

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

That vid made me feel unwell, seriously exposed riding

lcj

It’s a good issue this one,but seems thirty pages shorter than normal.

Have I missed being told why,particularly given the price hike I was emailed about recently?

DavidB
    Free Member

Also, no Jen Hopkins article? Is she away?

boltonjon

Amazing video. Fair play. My hat is taken of to those pesky and very brave Norwegians

Bloody nutters 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

I watched the first couple of minutes of that video. Don’t see what all the fuss is about.

takisawa2

Reminds me of the Tissington Trail.

smiff
    Free Member

hehe. what a workout for your suspension. and very cool doing it without a footdown. the closed trail had quite a few impressed walkers 😀

not so keen on music and editing in that vid but yeah whatever that’s some brilliant and ballsy riding and actually ON A MOUNTAIN wooohoo.

and it goes on forever, my t-rex arms would be f***ed after a few minutes of that.

Mark

The January issue is traditionally thinner in pages due to lack of ads at this time of year. Back to full strength next issue though.

lcj

Thanks Mark,good to know. What’s in this one is otherwise very enjoyable

asterix
    Free Member

I have a new subscription but no mag has arrived yet 🙁 🙁 🙁

julians
    Free Member

Looks pretty similar to the pilgrims steps trail from cuber reservoir to biniaraix in Mallorca, similar stats: 800m vertical in 4 km, lots of steps and tight switchback corners.

Pilgrims steps is worth doing if you’re out in mallorca with a mountain bike.

Andy-R

That video ^^^ A seriously spectacular locale and some impressive riding – they’ve got bigger balls than me, that’s for sure.
    However, this kind of wide-angle footage always makes locations like that look even more spectacular than they already are, everything looks deeper, steeper and scarier than if you were actually there riding it or, in my case, mostly faffing about and mincing it.

I’ve ridden a fair few kalderimis in Greece and while they might have lots of switchbacks and steps (and holes to catch unwary front wheels, as I know to my cost) most don’t have anywhere near that exposure nor are they as long.

As I said, a lot more balls and skill than I ever had….

composite
    Free Member

The video reminded me of:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaNBuqSuNqk[/video]

Not quite as high but probably a fairly similar price of failure.

Trimix
    Free Member

Ah ha, its a lack of ads that made my mag thinner. OK,Im still happy then. I did think I was missing out, but I dont mind missing out on adverts.

xc-steve
    Free Member

There are times when you watch gopro video’s and think because of how the camera flattens things that ‘techincal’ trails just look easy. That video voids the rule. No way would I ride those steps!

aracer
    Free Member

The video reminded me of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaNBuqSuNqk

It didn’t until you mentioned it, but I knew what you’d be referring to before I checked (I have flash blocked here, so have to click before I see the picture).

trondvidar
    Free Member

Hey guys,

I am the guy in red from the pics/video. I was a great ride indeed, and we had three runs that weekend down the Gemmi. Our prerun on the friday was the hardest, as fresh snow made it fairly wet. The filmed run was on Sunday morning, and a lot drier.

Happy to answer any questions you might have.

Trond

mactheknife

Trondvidar, hats off to you guys. Great video with some absolutely amazing riding 🙂

trondvidar
    Free Member

Thanks,

Heres a close up of one of the stairs:

And here is one of my favourites, unfortunately we had a failure on one of the memory cards and the images from this card did not come out in print size

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Seemed to be a fair few people on the trail for a “closed trail”, or did you mean closed to bikes normally?

trondvidar
    Free Member

It is only closed to bikers, not hikers. The video is from 0830 in the morning, and these hikers probably started out more than an hour earlier than that.

luke1688

I’ll pass on that descent thanks! (Crap pun intended!) some parts genuinely made me feel sick!

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘issue 79 "u fall u die"’ is closed to new replies.