Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • ISCG-05 chain catcher?
  • cruzcampo
    Free Member

Chain dropped off the small ring today and got wedged in between the ISCG-05 and small ring, took 10 minutes of screwdriver faff to pop it out. Adjusted the derailler limit screws a tad but wouldn’t mind fitting a light weight chain catcher in the gap that simply screws into the ISCG-05.

Anything exist like this?

The ghetto solution is going to be a short screw in the threads I guess 😆

Kahurangi

I was going to suggest a SHCS but you seem to have reached that conclusion on your own 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

something like the e-13 TRS?

or a blackspire stinger

thegreatape
    Free Member

Well there is this, but my Polish isn’t up to scratch to work out how to buy it!

http://www.hcc-components.pl/produkty/oslony-ramy/

hatter

K-edge do a seat tube mounted chain catcher that may solve your issue.

I’ve had one on the cross bike for the past year or so, so far so good.

Kahurangi

Oh, I’ll vote for the Blackspire Stinger anyway ’cause they’re ace 🙂

cruzcampo
    Free Member

thegreatape – Member
    Well there is this, but my Polish isn’t up to scratch to work out how to buy it!

http://www.hcc-components.pl/produkty/oslony-ramy/

This is exactly what I want cheers! no extras just purely for the small cog protection, hmmm just need to translate if they can ship to UK and at what cost 😀

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

Single ring, narrow wide? It’s what all the cool kids are doing. If sticking with double and bash +1 for the Blackspire stinger, works really well and would solve your problem perfectly.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Currently 9 speed triple, thinking of 10 speed triple. Don’t want to lose range of gears, especially the 42/11 and the 22/32

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

Ahh well in that case you’ll struggle to find a chain device for that. You could use a blackspire stinger with the roller taken off. Essentially just a metal plate then that would fill the gap. If you dont mind me asking, what an earth do you do on a mountain bike that means you find yourself in those extreme gears, especially 42×11?

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Hey johnny use some long road sections to join up off road trails at least once a week, and like to put the power down, find myself running out of gears very quickly and 42/11 gets some great speed up 😆

I’ve emailed HCC as this looks made for the job

Phil_H
    thegreatape
    Free Member

I’ve just fitted a Blackspire Bruiser and while a 42 chainring won’t be fully protected by the lower part, it won’t foul it as it is across to the side. The bit sticking up at the top does exactly what you’re looking for, extending up above the height of the 22 inner ring without fouling the mech. So you could try that, with or without the plastic gaurd fitted? £32 at CRC.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

HCC came through and sent me a free prototype 🙂 They’ll be selling these on the main site very soon, lovely lightweight piece of alloy.

Looks like it will do the job perfectly!

http://www.hcc-components.pl/strona-glowna/

This version due out too

thegreatape
    Free Member

Nice one! I was too impatient too either wait or get in touch with them, but kind of wish I had now. The bruiser is spot on though, and much lighter than I thought, so that must be super light?

The second version looks like more of a chain ring gaurd than a chain catcher?

shredder
    Free Member

Neat taco bash guards and top guides here

cruzcampo
    Free Member

@tga yeah its super light, nothing to it.

@shredder that looks the same thing, so is a taco purely a bash, or does it cover enough area to stop chain derailment?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘ISCG-05 chain catcher?’ is closed to new replies.