Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Is this what Mountain Biking is about?
  • joao3v16
    Free Member

I’m firmly in the “it seems positively unethical to ride down something that you haven’t first ridden up” camp.

For the same reasons I have little respect for Golfists who have little cars to carry their lazy backsides to their ball, and a slave to carry their massive bag. The poor little darlings.

And tennis players. Stopping every 20 minutes for a sit down, minions to run around fetching their little balls, getting them a drink, hand them a towel.

And Footballists. Can’t even manage 90 minutes without a comfort break in the middle. Plus most of the time they are on the field they take every opportunity to stop the game and lie down pretending they broke every bone in their body when another player vaguely brushed past.

🙂

(p.s I may or may not be being deliberately inflammatory)

chickenslippers
    Free Member

I would love to do it, there is defo a time and a place for everything.
    Don’t get a helicopter to and from work, cycle. Grow as much of your own food as poss, don’t buy the food that has been transported half way across the globe to your local supermarket that you drive to. Generate your own electricity from used scrap parts instead of buying from BG,Manweb etc or buying a new wind tubine which was built god knows where and took a stupid amount of energy to make. Where do we stop?
    I don’t plan on whittling my new DH bike from the trees I’m growing in the garden.
    Just be happy that your doing your little bit to make the place nice to live in.

Peace and Love

yunki
    Free Member

Mountain Biking is all about arguing with strangers on the internet.. nothing more.. nothing less..

stgeorge

Mountain Biking is all about arguing with strangers on the internet.. nothing more.. nothing less..

Sums it up perfectly 😀

TooTall
    Free Member

Just be happy that your doing your little bit to make the place nice to live in.

No. Don’t be. Get out of your middle class dream where you can consume your way to nirvana. As George Monbiot said “No political challenge can be met by shopping”.

RHSno2
    Free Member

Agree with NorthWind.

bellerophon
    Free Member

Personally, I’d love to do a heli drop!

I hope they drop from the chopper on their bikes and ride off 😈

to make it more niche it should only be open to those with Raleigh choppers 😆

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

yunki – Member

Wrong. You really don’t have a clue do you

5thElefant
    Free Member

😆

Genius.

joao3v16
    Free Member

It would seem that, for some, mountain biking is all about taking interwebs forums way too seriously….

Coyote
    Free Member

“Mountain” biking covers a wide multitude of riding styles, terrain, bikes etc. Why do some people feel the **** need to pigeon hole everything all the **** time!!! Why does it have to be about a definitive any-****-thing?

As long as you are on your bike and having fun without **** things up for other peolpe what does it matter? If you really want to wring your hands about environmental damage, go comment on one of the F1 threads so beloved of here.

I’m firmly in the “it seems positively unethical to ride down something that you haven’t first ridden up” camp.

Well good for you. It must make you feel so superiour. ****

Waderider
    Free Member

I’ll fix that.

Singletracks forum is all about arguing with strangers on the internet.. nothing more.. nothing less..

Or of course, insulting strangers

Wide spread of responses. On balance, I preferred mountain biking when it seemed that the folk involved weren’t the same sort who might try (say) jet skiing on a otherwise peaceful body of water at the weekend.

I blame trail centres and Canadians myself. Every Canada has given the world has been a force for bad e.g. Freeride and Rush 😀

BruceWee

Just spent the evening in the park with my friends having a barbeque, getting pissed, and messing about on some drop offs and jumps. Today, that’s what mountain biking’s all about for me.

soulrider
    Free Member

The event was downright bloomin AWESOME

the Heli lift just added something special to the event!

yunki
    Free Member

I demand proof of this..

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Is this what Mountain Biking is about?’ is closed to new replies.