Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 166 total)
  • Is this sexual and racial discrimination ?
  • simonfbarnes
    Free Member

some people have boats you know

and the army is well supplied with countermeasures ? If so, scrap the navy instead.

porterclough
    Free Member

The only sexual discrimination here is the assumption that a man would not also have child care issues.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

FFS none of us have any idea how she was treated! All we know is that she was treated badly enough to win her tribunal and the maximum limit for what she might get is £100,000!
    The only sexual and racial discrimination here is whatever happened that should not have happened. Point is we haven't got a clue what it, specifically, was!

I note that everyone in all these cases seems to think that they have "got away with it" and got cash for nothing. MOD can, I assume (oh, bugger, now I am doing it!) afford some serious legal representation if needed she may still end up with a raw deal, who knows? Not us, thats for sure 🙂

backhander
    Free Member

Funny how lots of other countries manage to have relatively small military forces, yet still manage to help out with Humanitarian missions.

Like ours you mean?
    Kosovo, bosnia, nicaragua, pakistan, sierra leone, Sumatra, ethiopia, liberia, dominica, Somalia, it goes on. Not done your homework have you?
    Just beacuse the liebor party have our servicepeople currently engaged in conflicts of questionable moral standing it should not detract from the very good work they do.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

In fairness as Tracker says we don;t know what happended and its likely to be the details we don't know which affected the outcome of her case. For instance was the alternative job she was offered a Cleaner or cook? having that rammed down her throat could have been sexual discrimination…. oh hang on a minute i'm speculating… i'll get my coat

cynic-al
    Free Member

Jeez Tracker, where's the fun & potential to spout ill-founded moans about the legal system in that?

Woody
    Free Member

Just beacuse the liebor party have our servicepeople currently engaged in conflicts of questionable moral standing it should not detract from the very good work they do.

Good point backhander.

TJ – last time I drove up to visit my parents, I don't recall having to catch a ferry. They could do a quick patch-up on that wall though, that would keep you nice and safe 😕

grumm
    Free Member

liebor

Do you regularly post comments on the Daily Mail site by any chance?

IanMunro
    Free Member

🙂

backhander
    Free Member

No.
    Do you approve of and support the war in Iraq by any chance?

backhander
    Free Member

Grum do you automatically accuse anyone with a dislike of labour of being some kind of "daily mail" (that's getting sooo tired BTW) bigot? Or just anyone who doesn't conform with your own political beliefs?

anokdale
    Free Member

Sad fact is 100k for this case yet lads and lasses getting injured in the sand have to get pretty badly cut up to get 100k damages.

Dino
    Free Member

grumm
    Free Member

Grum do you automatically accuse anyone with a dislike of labour of being some kind of "daily mail" (that's getting sooo tired BTW) bigot?

No it's just the tell tale use of the term 'liebour' – very common on the Daily Mail comments section ;). Do you refer to Tony Blair as Tony Bliar as well?

I'm no fan of New Labour either btw.

hainey
    Free Member

Tony Bliar

LOL, how ever did they come up with that one? Genius!! 🙄 🙄

backhander
    Free Member

I've never read the mail in my life. The caterers in work buy it and leave it out which I ignore due to;
    a) it's shit and more importantly.
    b) the rugby section is crap.
    They got any names for brown I can nick?

hels
    Free Member

Interesting comment on one of the sunday morning political shows the other week "of course, the reason why Germany are coming through the recession so well is because they don't have to pay for armed forces".

Not saying it's true or I agree, but something to think about.

I would think all the Army have to do in above case is show that they have also put male and white soldiers on a charge for failing to report due to childcare issues – although as many of said there is likely more to it than the BBC article.

Woody
    Free Member

there is likely more to it than the BBC article.

Don't worry, we'll get all the 'facts' once Max Clifford has negotiated a suitable deal with one of the Sunday papers.

backhander
    Free Member

Who pays for the bundeswehr?
    They are more than twice the size of our army.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Woody – Member

TJ – last time I drove up to visit my parents, I don't recall having to catch a ferry. They could do a quick patch-up on that wall though, that would keep you nice and safe

Que? what on earth?

hels
    Free Member

Backhander – I could be wrong, but aren't all German citizens obliged to do National Service ? I met a German guy while travelling (1995 ?), and he had opted to spend some time looking after a disabled person instead.

I'm not an expert, I just thought it was an interesting comment.

hels
    Free Member

Lol at the Hadrian's wall comment – you know the funny stories your parents tell you when you are a kid that you think are true ? My dad told me they made that wall to keep the Scots in (he was Scots) and I believed this for many years until I went to Uni.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

you mean it was actually to keep the Romans out ?

backhander
    Free Member

True hels, but they still get paid. Quarter of a million troops and associated equipment don't come cheap.
    Having said that, they aren't committed to as many places or in the intesity that we are; funding afghanistan isn't particularly helping our economy. Maybe ask the US to pay for it or else we'll f*** it off?

Woody
    Free Member

Lol at the Hadrian's wall comment

TJ's obviously a bit 'tired' today + LOL @ SFB, who is obviously not 😆

Talkemada
    Free Member

They are more than twice the size of our army.

Not according to these figures, although they have a significant number of military reservists. The actual per capita of military personnel is lower than the UK (3.5 to 3.9 per 1000). Germany may have a larger military, but have over 20 million more people than the UK. These figures may be skewed by the fact that Germany has compulsory National Service, although persons can opt out, as hels points out.

Germany doesn't seem to be involved in as many overseas military 'theatres' as the UK.

backhander
    Free Member

Actually, you're quite right, they are only a bit bigger but do have a massive amount of reservists (350,000!!). Having said that, they are still the 6th biggest spender on defence. We're 4th but this could be attributed to the fact we're heavily committed in an expensive war.

hora
    Free Member

**** all use as well.

hels
    Free Member

simonfbranes – from what I can gather now that I live in Scotland, it is to give a ready supply of half bricks to lob across the border during the 6 Nations.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Even if she was discriminated against it does not warrant £100k payout, it should mean severe consequences for the perpetrator's if it is indeed the case.

hora
    Free Member

No one has asked the most pertinent and important question in all this debate though; Is she fit?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Wrong question Hora -"what are her chebs like?"

landy813
    Free Member

She would of have to have been a serial offender to get disciplinary action against her as well. Good riddance one less war dodger in the Army. Commonwealth soldiers get it too easy due to management being scared of the racism or bullying card being pulled. They also get an extra 6 weeks off too to go back home to there country.

Talkemada
    Free Member

She would of have to have

to go back home to there country

🙄

landy813
    Free Member

She would of have to have

She would of been

to go back home to there country

to go back to their home country

backhander
    Free Member

She would of been

😀

Sorry landy that is funny.

monkeychild
    Free Member

FFS another admin burden!!! At least she's gone. I am sorry but most single parents are an absolute nightmare in the forces. It's not a normal 9-5 job so if you don't like it, get out.

The former corporal said she was expected to be available for duty "24/7, 365 days a year" and was told the Army was "unsuitable for a single mother who couldn't sort out her childcare arrangements".

Well that's what you get paid for!!! This is a total farce and people like her make urine bubble.
    This made me laugh out very loudly

The tribunal criticised the Army for not helping to make childcare arrangements.

**** off. Why are the Army/MOD responsible? They have a duty of care to her but that doesn't extend to sorting out her own admin. Jesus H what next??

The Army will have to look very carefully at what they are asking single parents to do, she added.

Simple get rid of those that moan and let someone who is capable of doing what they are paid to do!!
    My mates now wife was a single mother when she went out of area for 4 months did she try and dodge it? Nope she made arrangements and got on with it as it's her DUTY!! I know when I go out of are next, I will not go as it upsets my Mrs and I don't want to be away from my son 🙄

ibis
    Free Member

Send the Kid to the front as well??

zaskar
    Free Member

Do other employers provide care? if so then the army should be no different.

Personally I think an employer would not employ someone who has kids that is needed on call.

rob731
    Free Member

Being available for duty or deployment 24/7 is part of any service persons Terms of Service, which everyone is made fully aware of. It is also the individual's responsibility to sort their family business out, although some flexibility can be arranged in extreme circumstances. There must have been some extra 'treatment' which we do not know about (such as different rules for other soldiers in similar situations). Sad day though, there's a growing number of female service-people who milk the system on this issue (yes I do have experience of this issue in my unit and several previous units).

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 166 total)

The topic ‘Is this sexual and racial discrimination ?’ is closed to new replies.