Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • is this Dave Hinde fastpartsforbikes
  • wellhung
    Free Member

As the header asks has Dave Hinde changed his id on ebay, before i commit to a set of wheels which will take 2000years not to arrive.

uplink
    Free Member

in a word – yes

Ed2001
    Free Member

Yep, avoid, avoid, avoid.

chela
    Free Member

Yup, so I’ve heard.

…So it’ll take longer than a mere 2000 years for them not to arrive.

Joxster
    Free Member

Don’t buy anything from him, no matter how much cheaper he is.

trailmonkey

Wow, this guys got some rep 😯

Who is he then ?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Google “Dave Hinde complants”

Read it and weep.

I reckon he’s only started under a new name becuse of all the bad feedback on his old Ebay name – Numberonebikebits

Many people on here have been stitched up and abused by him, myself included. If he was the last bike shop on earth, I’d give up and walk.

Joxster
    Free Member

trailmonkey – Member
    Wow, this guys got some rep

Who is he then ?

He is a wannabe Griffo, but fails bigstyle so is basically a crook

AndyPaice
    Free Member

” PeterPoddy – Member

Google “Dave Hinde complants”

Is he a gardener 😉

snaps
    Free Member

Some good reading here including a complaint against him upheld by the ASA http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12545697&highlight=dave+hinde

smudge
    Free Member

blimey, good job I googled 'fastpartsforbikes' nearly bought something of him then 😆

the_prophet
    Free Member

just like to thank stw for yet again saving my bacon, have another window open with a set of wheels that i was just about to buy from this guy. thought i’d check out his wheelbuilding skills and this was one of the first threads that came up. awesome.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

I ordered Hope Hoops from fastpartsforbikes in June this year. Email support was ‘less than satisfactory’ in my case.

However I did eventually recieve them. I hope this helps.

haakon_haakonsson
    Free Member

I did buy 2 sets of 105 road wheels from No1bikebits a few years back, which are still going strong. However, they’re factory built, so just stock and shipping management required.

Soon afterwards, I heard about all the bad experiences everyone else had had, so haven’t been back. Sounds like I had a lucky escape if he’s not smartened up his act.

Crag
    Free Member

I bought full drivetrain and forks for my hardtail from Dave Hindeonce upon a time. All arrived within 48 hours of ordering. Pleasure to deal with if memory serves, although I understand I may be one of the lucky ones.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

I got my goods and they too were factory built so no worries there. But it felt like they took my money then ordered the wheels afterwards. I then enquired via ebay messages about my order. The reply I got back was next to useless. It read like it had been sent by Stevie Wonder wearing oven gloves using predictive text on an Iphone.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘is this Dave Hinde fastpartsforbikes’ is closed to new replies.