Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Is the 'Watchmen' DVD worth spending a tenner on?
  • MrCrushrider
    Free Member

as above – thinking about buying watchmen on dvd after work – but is it worth a tenner or not?

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I saw it at the piccies and loved it, and normally this kind of thing is not my cup of tea. I think I'd enjoy watching it again too. I wouldn't ever spend a tenner on a film on the off-chance of liking it though…I've done that far too many times with music and film over the years

Kit
    Free Member

Just skip the sex scene and you'll enjoy it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nobtwidler
    Free Member

Watched it the other night at a friends, now I am easy going when it comes to films but this was absolute pants!! and this thing is normally my cup off tea

Jezkidd
    Free Member

The comic's great, the film was never going to live up to it for me, but friendsisaw it at the ficks with really liked it

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Best comic book to film adaptation Ive seen. Most are shit, this was pretty good

grievoustim
    Free Member

i liked it, i like the comic too (but I am very far from a comic book geek)

bit of a marmite film to buy on DVD at full price perhaps

I might buy the DVD – but I will wait for the rumored longer directors cut with the animated pirate comic bits they cut out of the cinema release

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

MisterGnar – Member

I found it to be an utterly pointless, charmless, meandering, self indulgent bore. Completely devoid of invention or even the slightest spark of inspiration.

The action sequences were flat, dull and derivative. Zack Snyder seems to be of the opinion that speed ramping every single dramatic action will make it cool, maybe to some it does. To me it just removes all the impact – just like 300.

The performances, with the exception of Jackie Haley as Rorschach were wooden, unconvincing and misjudged and even Rorschach was a struggle to believe without the mask as he seemed to have bright orange caterpillars glued to his eye brows to complimented his joke shop "jock" wig.

I am not a rabid fanboy of the comics (if I was I might have been able to see past it's inadequacies as a film and enjoyed it) nor do I agree with Alan Moore that it's un-filmable , I just think in it's original format it was utterly pointless to commit to film without substantial streamlining and refocus to make it suitable for the medium. A pointless change at the end would not come close to what I would have imagined needed doing.

As for Dr. Manhattan's jiggly wang – unlike the teenagers in the row behind me I didnt feel the need to snigger every time it was on screen….though it almost distracted me from the fact that all the characters lip synching was off in every.single.scene.

On the small screen it won't even look as nice. No, not worth a tenner.

fennesz
    Free Member

Great comic, good adaptation of the comic, poor movie.

jam-bo

dull.

SidewaysTim

Liked it on DVD, didn't see it at the cinema, never read the comic.

kimbers

hell yeah its worth a tenner!!

Hodge-Podge
    Free Member

Mistergnar's review pretty much sums it up. My advice would be to spend the tenner going to see Moon at the cinema instead. 😀

Olly
    Free Member

Mister Gnar, you sir, are a tool 😉

unlike Mr Gnar, my boat, was floated
    it was awesome!
    worth 20quid, for it to come out and go straight down to a tenner is shockingly good news 🙂

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I reckon it's worth it……

kimbers

i did like moon though very good film

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Is the 'Watchmen' DVD worth spending a tenner on?’ is closed to new replies.