Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)
  • Is my neighbour a mentalist?
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

1 – he parks his van on the access road which means it is a squeeze for other vehicles to get by (which they have a legal right to do)
    2 – he puts lots of stones out to mark his property’s boundary adjacent to where he parks his van
    3 – he then gets upset when people catch them as they squeeze by
    4 – he starts spraying them all with fluorescent road marking spray
    5 – it snows heavily so they aren’t easy to see
    6 – a Tesco van making a delivery accidentally catches one as it attempts to get past in the snow and in the dark
    7 – he rushes out, starts smashing his fists on the van then opens the van door and starts verbally abusing the driver

then today

I saw him walking around, on our unmade road, some 100 metres from his front door in -6 temperatures in his pyjamas and barefoot.

Frootloop

br
    Free Member

bald, fat, tattoos?

Bimbler
    Free Member

Making fun of the mentally challenged. Reported 😉

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

own him!!!!

Kevsterjw
    Free Member

move the stones under cover of darkness

thepurist

but just a tiny bit every day, so he doesn’t notice at first

iDave
    Free Member

paint the stones a different colour

user-removed
    Free Member

Report him for obstructing the road?

BiscuitBoy

Paint the stones a different colour.

woody2000

Jeez, where do live Mike? Didn’t you have a bonkers old lady next door too?

elaineanne
    Free Member

he,s illegaly parking ! you have to keep access roads clear !
    is he under the influence..wot he slams his fists on other peoples vans too ? ooooh too much violence… 👿

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

6 – a Tesco van making a delivery accidentally catches one as it attempts to get past in the snow and in the dark
    7 – he rushes out, starts smashing his fists on the van then opens the van door and starts verbally abusing the driver

I wouldn’t read too much into this, . . . they probably swapped is Heinz Baked Beans for their own brand, . . . . . . I mean God, . . . . grrrr ! His reaction is totally understandable.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

people do, he moves them back, people gave up.

Report him for obstructing the road?

It is a private road and he is parked on the bit that actually belongs to him BUT the legal rights (as treble-checked by our solicitor when we moved in) are that anyone with good reason is allowed access on foot and by motor vehicle.

To be honest 1 thru’ 7 I can live with, it is just ‘normal’ odd neighbourly behaviour. It was this morning’s episode that was more disturbing. He really did look like he had just/was just about to kill someone.

binners

Wait til nightfall, then….

Paint his van the colour the stones are at present, then paint the stones the colour the his van is at present

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

He really did look like he had just/was just about to kill someone.

Go around tonight and sing him a carol or two, . . . . that should cheer him up?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yes and everyone gets obsessive about ‘their’ bit of land (although THAT mad old bint actually had a go at me for parking entirely legally on the road outside the front of her house – she parks there now to stop me from doing so, leaving her own private space at the back of her house unused.

Makes more sense if you look at this link – Whinney Lane is the public road and ‘Ash View’ and all those houses sit on private land.
    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=6+harlow+view+harrogate&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=6+Harlow+View,+Harrogate,+North+Yorkshire+HG2+9LX&gl=uk&ei=qZQLTbytBMqzhAfc3s2-Cw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBcQ8gEwAA

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Heh – go onto street view and you can see his Maca Pakka stones 🙂

binners

He lives in Yorkshire. The entire county is barking 😉

woody2000

Be enough to make me move house TBH…!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Be enough to make me move house TBH…!

It is enough to make us seriously think about it – we have been looking for a while now.

Hohum
    Free Member

Be afraid, be very afraid!

woody2000

Yeah, life’s too short for that sh*t! Move, then revenge time 🙂

oldgit
    Free Member

Put van on its roof.
    Add more stones making his space massive then stand there tutting at him.

iDave
    Free Member

drive into the stones, damage your car and sue him

cynic-al
    Free Member

Set fire to house in the middle of the night.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

drive into the stones, damage your car and sue him

I do wonder about that – but if we drive into something on his property…

mrsflash
    Free Member

lol at the swapping van & stones colour!

How is the little one?

iDave
    Free Member

drive into his burning house? then sue him.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

REMOVE (steal) his stones. Or take them somewhere, smash them to pieces, and return the gravel sized fragments.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

How is the little one?

Well, since you ask…

Evie on amoxicilin for tonsillitis
    Izzi on amoxicilin for ear infection/temperature/raspy breathing still
    Nicole (my wife) on amoxicilin for sinusitis

Me – on beer to numb the pain.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

REMOVE (steal) his stones. Or take them somewhere, smash them to pieces, and return the gravel sized fragments.

People have removed them in the past – he just gets more. I have no idea where he steals them from but he quickly replaces any lost ones.

His collection as of last year sometime…

stumpy01

If it’s that much of a squeeze, what happens is a fire engine/Ambulance is required?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

If it’s that much of a squeeze, what happens is a fire engine/Ambulance is required?

There is another access from the other side too and, as for fire engines, we believe the last property (which is ours) is nowhere near far enough away for a hose not to reach from the main road.

ourmaninthenorth

Call up a quarry and order some massive stones. Great big boulders that need a crane to lift them. Then have them delivered so that they are one inch away from the front and rear bumpers on his van.

Then paint them whatever colour he paints his.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

ourmaninthenorth wins 8)

McHamish
    Free Member

I think your neighbour is a bit mental…why don’t you replace all his stones with garden gnomes.

Smarty
    Free Member

Wee in his shoes, he’ll appreciate the warmth after he’s been walking barefoot in the snow

Pook

Just put weedkiller on his grass. In an amusing shape. Possibly a nob.

philconsequence
    Free Member

pound shop – gnomes and ceramic garden ornaments – cement onto the stones

call the police and report that your neighbours been stealing your stones that you’re granddad gave you and you think he’s put them in his garden but vandalised them by decorating them with horrible ornaments. ask the police why somebody wont think of the children?!

have a stone party every night, loud music, friends with louder voices and no bedtime… when he asks tell him that you love his stones and your friends wanted to celebrate them each night… repeat until they’re removed.

seahouse
    Free Member

Take one of the stones with you on your next holiday and send him pictures of it having a beer by the pool.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘Is my neighbour a mentalist?’ is closed to new replies.