Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • is marin trail fully open
  • davenorth1
    Free Member

is there any sections of the marin trail closed due to the weather.

si66
    Free Member

We were up there last weekend and the whole trail was open(I guess,1st time there but no diversions)
    It was all in pretty good shape as well.i had a great day!!

chrisdw
    Free Member

Judging by the state of most of the woods up here after the winds on Wednesday. I highly doubt it will all be clear. Could be worth a go, just be prepared to climb over/under/round a few trees. Keep an eye out for down power lines.

johnnygooner
    Free Member

Was hoping to find the answer to that here. Have you tried tweeting the MTB Ranger? He retweeted some pics of Penmachno getting cleared but I think that was more Penmachno trail Pixies. I’ll give it a whirl and report back if I get a response. I know he’s been busy at CyB. Seen some pics. Looks like they got hit quite badly!

johnnygooner
    Free Member

Rethink that. He responded to someone else on twitter with “@MTBRanger: sorry! I’m afraid I’ve had no news on the #marintrail”

Guess that’s a resounding don’t know then!!

Sorry I couldn’t have been more helpful

johnnygooner
    Free Member

I’m giving this a bump as I’m guessing someone has been out there today?

Anyone?

If I dont hear anything, I’m heading out there tomorrow and I’ll report back on my return

iolo
    Free Member

With the wind we’ve had this week it is probably closed.
    If the ranger doesn’t know who else does?
    If you’re going take a chainsaw. You’ll probably need it.
    EDIT I live not far from Betws y Coed

chiefP
    Free Member

Marin Trail Report from Andy

Finally got away from the chaos at Coed y Brenin to go check the condition of the Marin Trail. Just trying out this new app. It should show you photos and location of windblown trees blocking the trail and trail damage from rootplates that have ripped the trail up.
    The trail is still open but there’s approx 14 trees down which makes it a bit of an assault course!
    I’ll get the trails cleared and repaired asap. But can’t promise when as we have major storm damage at Coed y Brenin to sort out too. Please bear with us. Thanks for your patience.

http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=2671424

timc
    Free Member

anyone been recently?

gregburnham

Went at the weekend with the Mrs. Still quite a few trees down, some need a bit of clambering over.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘is marin trail fully open’ is closed to new replies.