Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Is it ok to ride one if these on a cycle path?
  • abductee
    Free Member

5thElefant
    Free Member

It's not OK to ride one of those anywhere.

abductee
    Free Member

but it's electric not petrol

abductee
    Free Member

Ok so if you were riding one of these in the opposite direction

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

It depends on its defined class – there is a definition of an elecrtically asisted bicycle that requires less stringent roadworthness testing – the main condition is that it is governed to less than 14 mph IIRC – they are OK on cyclepaths. An electric moped with a 35 mph top speed is a motorcycle and cannot be used on cyclepaths

abductee
    Free Member

would it be OK to do this

abductee
    Free Member

Resulting in something like this?

Followed by an almighty shouting match

abductee
    Free Member

After the fellow on the recumbent bike got up looking a bit dazed he then realized it was electric not petrol powered.

abductee
    Free Member

Perhaps this sort of thing is normal for you lot if it doesn't raise a comment? I thought it was a bit weird.

AndyP
    Free Member

proof, if proof be need be, that squaddies are just a bunch of mincers. Bike jousting should NOT involve helmets, goggles, armour or boxing gloves. Just a gert big stick. Preferably in the dark, after too many Leffes. Bonus points for putting your 'lance' through the other rider's front wheel.

abductee
    Free Member

the recumbent rider was alleged to have used his foot to kick off the scooter rider. I didn't actually see the kick but I saw the carnage afterwards.

grumm
    Free Member

What about riding a giant swan?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Would one require the Queens permission to use her Swan?

AndyP
    Free Member

it's only normal-sized swans which 'belong' to the miserable bitch. Giant swans are available for use by the hoi-polloi.

Jamie
    Free Member

Queen only owns one species* of swan so may not have to ask her.

*If i remember an episode of QI right.

antigee

the breasts on that swan look a bit recumbent

abductee
    Free Member

No there were no swans involved, just moped recumbent bike kicking and arguing. I didn't believe what I was seeing either.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Is it ok to ride one if these on a cycle path?’ is closed to new replies.