Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Iron Horse Mark3 – Opinions please
  • BIGMAN
    Free Member

Got one on order through C2W…

What are peoples opinions?

Anything to look out for???

wormhole

hade one of the first ones a couple of years back, loved the sus action and ability, bearings did wear pretty quick tho. enjoy!

samcamsdad

bought a frame just before xmas. so far so good.
    been using it for hammering the lakes trails, and its taken all i've thrown at it.
    if your buying a full build, have a look at a shorter stem. very personal i know, but i put a 50mm on mine and feels so much better than standard.
    one other thing, watch out for the low bb. been over the bars a couple of times after clipping my pedal on rocks.
    also get ready to corner faster than you have before, its so quick through the berms.
    hope you enjoy it.

atthesummit
    Free Member

been riding mine for about 8months now – built it up from the frame so couldnt comment on the otp version

Is a little on the heavy side but i have built for strength rather than xc speed. handles really well and the sus action feels almost bottomless

makes for a great play bike and works fab at trail centres – very stable at speed yet can be thrown about very easily

atthesummit
    Free Member

been riding mine for about 8months now – built it up from the frame so couldnt comment on the otp version

Is a little on the heavy side but i have built for strength rather than xc speed. handles really well and the sus action feels almost bottomless

makes for a great play bike and works fab at trail centres – very stable at speed yet can be thrown about very easily

harryparabolics
    Free Member

I've had a MKIII for a couple of years now – great solid descender, and a pretty efficient suspension design. Negatives are that it's a little heavy and that the head angle is a bit steep – but you can get a headset 'spacer' that adds some height to the front. Made a big difference for me.

BIGMAN
    Free Member

Thanks for the input lads!!

Looking forward to getting it now!!

tomhughes46

Been riding mine since Oct. Built with 140mm forks, and fairly burly, about 30lbs in a small. The Float shock has no lockout but it really doesn't need one. Climbs brilliantly, descends better, get one! I'm trying to talk myself out of replacing my big bike with a six point…

Sean-R
    Free Member

Had one for a couple of years. Rode brilliant would agree with a shorter stem and trying to slacken the head angle a bit. Watch the welds on the swingarm, mine cracked there.

kiwijohn

I really love mine, 3 years on & I wouldn't change. DW link goodness at a bargain price. I'm still running the 100mm stem as well, haven't joined the short stem fad, the seat tube is quite steep as well.
    I have replaced the swing arm, but the later ones should have the problem sorted.
    I'm very tempted to snap up another one while I can, just for the frame. A lot cheaper than a Turner or Ibis.
    Enjoy.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Iron Horse Mark3 – Opinions please’ is closed to new replies.