Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • iOS 10 anyone?
  • bearnecessities

I’m not an Apple person, just happen to have one of their phones and last night I downloaded an update.

So far it’s buggered up the way STW works (I type beyond the current view and I have to scroll across), it’s turned emoticons into some weird over-rendered thing, but I can send pulsating heart texts.

Lovely phone still, software not so hot. I don’t understand the love!

Kryton57

I dont have any of those issue. I think the new notifications look a bit cartoonish, theres some useful features in the apps such as calendar antipasti get invites in emails, the Home remote thing is pointless for me the Alarm on the sleep app isnt load enough.

GrahamS

Not on iOS 10 – but if I’ve learnt anything in 30 odd years of software it is always avoid new .0 releases. Let someone else find the niggling bugs!

CountZero

My pad can’t use iOS 10, I’d not tried the phone but I’m doing this in iOS 10 and I’m not seeing any issues 😀
    The emoticons in iOS 10 have been modified, but the ones used on here, selected by the little emoticon on the top right, haven’t changed at all, 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

Always upgrade immediately. Works fine. Most annoying things I have switched off like notifications if messages when locked (so anyone can read then and even reply). He chnage from swipe to unlock is taking a whole to get used tonafter 7 years.

BTW we had another thread on this

We have 2 iphones and 2 ipads – did the lot immediately as usual

Drac

No issues on about 7 devices in our house 3 are mine and had no problems at all on here.

bearnecessities

Yeah, but you’d rather someone visits A&E than criticise Apple 🙂

P-Jay
    Free Member

That scrolling issue is fixed on 10.01 or whatever.

Whether it’s worth it? It depends on your hardware, unless you’ve got a 6s or a 7 all the 3D Touch stuff is useless, if you’ve not got at least a 6 the fingerprint stuff is useless. The other changes are changes rather than improvements imho.

Seems to be the way of things, every new OS comes hand and in hand with new hardware and needs that hardware to work, older hardware just gets security updates and so much bloat.

Drac

Yeah, but you’d rather someone visits A&E than criticise Apple

A minor injuries unit please.

Tinners

Issues on 2 devices here. Wife’s battery getting caned and running down faster. She’s knocking off all apps when not using so must be something else in the background. Meanwhile, I’m not able to tap on favourites in phone setting to dial up (nothing happens), so have to go into contacts and via that route. I recall issues a few updates ago with iPad when I upgraded straight away. I think I’ll take heed of others’ advice and not upgrade Apple product updates straight away in future! Oh, nearly forgot. Apple print function on various iPads & iPhones suddenly only working intermittently with one of the printers as well since the update so having to email to PC then print from that! Happy days!!

bikebouy
    Free Member

No issues here, running 10.02 (I think)

bearnecessities

Just checked and 10.02 here – it’s really crap using this ‘post’ box on STW!

Drac

Most odd.

Is it just here that you have issues? Any chance of a screen shot?

bearnecessities

bearnecessities

GolfChick
    Free Member

I have nothing to add to the issues, however, for the first time in almost 10 years we finally have the ability to remove the stocks app!!!!!!

Drac

That is strange.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Are you using keyboard add-ins ? Standard Apple keyboard here and no problems,

CountZero

I have nothing to add to the issues, however, for the first time in almost 10 years we finally have the ability to remove the stocks app!!!!!!

And a bunch of other ones as well! Halle-chuffin’-luja! 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

IPad Air user here, always use it in landscape mode to type on here because the “post” button just appears over the pop up keyboard, if I portrait the device the “post” button appears with loads of space.

Not much help I know, but shows it’s not on all ipadz..

legend
    Free Member

I get the same issue with typing/scrolling. Standard everything and on this weeks latest version

darrell
    Free Member

10.02 works okay on my old iphone 5S

but I dont use any of the new features and deleted the “Home” app

bencooper
    Free Member

She’s knocking off all apps when not using so must be something else in the background.

Generally AFAIK that doesn’t help – it uses a lot more processor power to shut down and restart apps than just letting them tick along in the background.

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve got the same thing with the scrolling, rather annoying. There’s plenty of folk moaning about it on the various forums. It’s an inconvenience rather than anything else, sure they’ll fix it.

The keyboard also doesn’t revert to the alphabet after I type a comma, but does after other punctuation. I like the GIF menu in messages, the new sounds are a bit shit, the ability to doodle stuff is quite amusing. It’s among the bigger changes on an iOS, and the first time I’ve ever had actual issues. They’re not solved in the newest version either (scrolls left to read post)

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

the biggest issue I have had is I’m now having issues with my Bluetooth headphones, weird considering their plans, unless they’ve put something in this release for their new phones

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’m having the scrolling issue plus seeing loads more ads than I used to = eating more of my data !

wilburt
    Free Member

Only issue I’m having is unlocking it.

Which now requires a button press rather than a swipe or in my case press everything for five seconds until something happens.

Quite possibly user error though.

Its v10.0.2 now btw

njee20
    Free Member

It’s not user error – Settings -> General -> Accesibility -> Home Button, and select “rest finger to unlock”.

Drac

If he you have a 6 onwards that works otherwise your stuck.

Superficial
    Free Member

It’s not user error – Settings -> General -> Accesibility -> Home Button, and select “rest finger to unlock”.

I got all excited for a nanosecond, then I read this…

If he you have a 6 onwards that works otherwise your stuck.

I’m on a 5s so I was crushed. Until…

I actually checked in the settings and the option is there for me too! Hooray! Seems to make unlocking much more intuitive, basically because it allows me to do what I was already doing.

I really like ios10 – it’s a great upgrade.

njee20
    Free Member

5S has touch unlock too. So it’s the now 4 year old model that it won’t work for.

Superficial
    Free Member

Beat you by a whole 1 second njee.

Oh, for what it’s worth I also have the issue when typing in the reply box on STW. Meh.

TheDTs
    Free Member

Anyone else have the issue of old web pages popping up briefly when you open safari.
    It was an issue on previous versions which was fixed now seems to have returned.

Drac

I’m on a 5s so I was crushed. Until…

Oh yeah forgot about that.

So it’s the now 4 year old model that it won’t work for.

And some iPads that are about 2 years old.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I still mostly still type my pin in even though my 6 and IPad Air 2 have touch-id

lerk
    Free Member

It seems to have screwed the wifi chip on my iPhone 6.
    Cellular data is fine and dandy, but when using wifi it seems to pause any data transfer for a minute then goes gain…
    I’ve reset router, tried different networks, done a complete reset of the phone from a backup nothing seems to help.

It did cause connection issues with my car stereo (JVC) but that was easily fixed by re-pairing.

My years old iPad 4 he gone to iOS 10 with no issues

flap_jack
    Free Member

Our phones went OK (apart from the car stereo thing which required us to allow data for Music) but the ipad is struggling to hold internet connection. Everything needs loading twice…

lerk
    Free Member

Let me know if you work out what is happening…
    It’s damn annoying as my data signal isn’t great at home

It’s strange that the wifi is still showing as connected, but the phone forgets what to do with it…
    Took ages to restore last night with connection floating in and out!

Drac
    darrell
    Free Member

what is annoying me is on my iphone 5s with IOS 10 is you cannot turn off keyboard clicks for the calculator

even with the volume off the frakking calculator still makes a very annoying CLick Click sound when pressing a key

It’s like a soundtrack to a bad Stephen King novel

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘iOS 10 anyone?’ is closed to new replies.