Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Invasion of personal space.
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

What’s the worst example that’s happened to you lately?

Was on a bus this morning, pretty busy, and some guy decided to try and use my shoulder to rest his testicles on. He didn’t like it when I coughed and shrugged my shoulders. 😉

nealglover
    Free Member

He must have had a great Saturday night if his testicles needed a rest :mrgreen:

Lucky fella.

brakes
    Free Member

long haul flight from the US next to an Indian chap.
    climbing over me to go to the toilet, reaching across me armpit in face to get his food off the attendant, using more than just the arm rests to rest his arms on.
    pleasant guy, just no concept of personal space.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chewkw
    Free Member

Space invader … hmmm … about 6 inches apart when the person talks to me. Really tempted to give him the Glasgow kiss.

kaesae
    Free Member

A shoulder to cry on is one thing, a shoulder to rest your testicles on, is quite another.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

I’m hoping one of you was sitting down… 😯

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Z-11 – Thankfully. Had to be careful not to turn round too quickly or I would have been an extra from a PG Tips x-rated advert.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

I can confirm that Indian folk have no concept of personal space at all. And they are also extremely nosey.

clubber
    Free Member

doesn’t seem to be the case with the many Indian contractors we have over…

to the op, colleagues who lean in a bit too close when showing them something on your screen …

trail_rat
    Free Member

Using the kitchen space at work at coffee time is an invasion of human rights never mind personal space …..

dogbert
    Free Member

standing a foot and a half from a magazine rack in sainsbury’s when a woman barges in front of me pushing me out of the way to get to her equally twatty husband, this happened a further 3 times by the same offenders during the same store visit.

I may make a sexual groan for the next person that does that to me or start muttering “this one god? just tell me who I should choose”

CHB

To get high quality personal space invasion you really need to leave the united kingdom. Best (worst?) we have experienced is check in at Columbo air port Sri Lanka. We flew back to blighty after easter when all the maids that work for a pittance in doha were trying to check in. The creative que jumping and invasion of personal space was almost artistically bad (good?).
    Thankfully my MIL is mates with airport head of security and had us erm..prioritised.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Spanish peeps. You can smell the garlic. You get used to it!

maccruiskeen

My GF had the misfortune to perpetrate her own bit of space invading. We were in a fancy art gallery book shop towards the end of a long day of culture vulturing, she sidles up to me rests her head on my shoulder and rubs my back. Except she somehow misses my shoulder and my back and gently rubs the chest of a woman standing behind me

zokes
    Free Member

using more than just the arm rests to rest his arms on.

Develop sharp elbows…

binners

donsimon
    Free Member

How do some people actually get through life?

scu98rkr
    Free Member

The people from some states in India (I think more south and east) have totally different standards in personal space to us.

At my work alot of the students who come over from india take time to make this adjustment. But I remember one in particular, he’d only just came over and he wanted to join the weekly footy kick about. Football is pretty popular in some parts of India and he was pretty good player made some clever runs + passes.

After the game went over to say good work, cool. Then started to walk back and he keep kinda rubbing the side of his arm against me and we were both covered in sweat. So I’d take a step away then he’d push up against me again, I’d take a step etc etc this continued all the way back. Erghhh

yunki
    Free Member

we play an extreme pub game which requires overt invasion of personal space..

it involves a lone player firstly striking up conversation with a seated group of strangers.. (not an easy task in itself in some areas of town)

once a rapport has been established the aim is to safely and swiftly and in one fluid movement, lift your T-shirt and place it over the nearest strangers head.. thus leaving them trapped between your sweaty chest and your T-shirt in a kind of alien/football celebration/pregnant human centipede scenario..

you then have to try to keep them there as long as possible while they struggle like a hooked fish and their mates frantically rush to their assistance..

points will be deducted for choosing an obviously weak or willing victim or for eliciting violent reactions (although for obvious reasons the latter is often the case)

the winner is whoever most recently attempted the challenge..

Zen masters of the discipline have been known to undertake solo missions alone in foreign parts for training purposes.. not a practise that I would recommend..

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Yunki – why? Seems like looking for a fight to me.

yunki
    Free Member

why ride a bike fast off-road? seems like looking for a broken collarbone to me.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Only really comparable if you choose to ride your bike into other people deliberately.

hora
    Free Member

Ages ago in London the bus stopped suddenly and the old lady standing/waiting to get off flew – I caught her but it almost pulled my arm out of my socket- she was frail as well/shouldn’t have been too much hassle. That HURT 😯

hels
    Free Member

I always get an aisle seat on long haul flights, and I always take at least a double dose of sleeping pills. Still, it seems that a heavily pregnant lady climbing over you does get through the fog and wake you up !

A friend of mine got oxter-raped on a crowded bus in Italy once. Funny story the way she tells it…

zokes
    Free Member

oxter-raped

???

alfabus
    Free Member

I always get an aisle seat on long haul flights, and I always take at least a double dose of sleeping pills.

Very considerate. Why do you need an aisle seat if you’re going to be zonked out on pills?

hels
    Free Member

I need more room for my catheter. I don’t sleep the whole flight, just afetr dinner, before that I pace and pee constantly. And I did offer to swap with said pregnant lady (her hubbie was fit) once the sleeping phase commenced. She declined.

An armpit is an oxter in Scotland, and it appears a vagina in Italy.

globalti
    Free Member

Interestingly my colleague who works in Africa and is marred to an African says it’s really noticeable how, when the family come to the UK, people go to extreme lengths to avoid any contact with their children because they are so afraid of being accused of anything improper.

My worst invasion? Sitting next to a massive Mama of a flight to Africa; she spilled over the sides of her seat, sat with her fat legs wide apart, opened a bundle of paper and began making jewellery using half of my folding table and then, when I put the bread roll aside during my meal she grabbed it and stuffed it in her bag, along with my salt and pepper pots!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Did she really grab all of that stuff or was it just the her gravitational pull was too strong?

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Invasion of personal space.’ is closed to new replies.