Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Intense Tracer show and tell
  • glynP
    Free Member

I’ve had mine for a few months now and I was looking for more opinions. I run mine with a 140mm fork with a zero stack headset from Hope, I was thinking of putting a 5mm cup on the bottom as I feel it is a little twitchy on technical tight stuff, or I could go with a 160mm fork and up the travel at the back, what do you think?

craig1975
    Free Member

Ive had mine since early December last year, I to had the zero stack headset (Cane creek) I agree glynP, I didn’t like it either, I thought it was to twitchy so I change it to a normal stack, for me it made a huge difference, made the frame feel more planted on rocky downhill sections. It also took me a while to get the rear shock the way I like, now Ive found that sweet point I’m loving it, it climbs well and descends well plus it looks the bollocks, what more can you ask for.

The only negatives I will say though.. is the paint job, it pants, I got the works red and the lacquer is gone in areas, plus I have cable rub every where, I must have used two packs of lizard skins, but I’m not that bothered about it, it will just give me an excuse to change the colour and a year or so.

hora
    Free Member

Im only browsing at this thread as I cant afford one. NIICEEEEEEE!!! 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

“Bike Love” ?? Oh dear 🙁

thepodge
    Free Member

sorry but looks a bit halfords to me, could just be that red, dunno

WackoAK
    Free Member

SFB – BikeLove is a shop!

iDrew
    Free Member

I’m running a revised Hope zero stack reducer headset, with a 5-10mm downstand on the bottom cup to give more downtube clearance/make it slacker. I am currently running it with Pikes and love it, but I have a strange feeling some 36 Floats may be coming soon as the demo bike I rode with these on rocked 😈

I too have one in Works Red, but with braided gear & brake hoses, so I heli-taped anywhere that could rub and the paint seems to be holding up OK.

I took a while to find the sweetspot with the rear shock pressure (I think I am running ~30% sag) but now I have it set, it pedals like nothing else I have ridden.

craig1975
    Free Member

http://www.bikelove.co.uk/ SFB- whats the prob. is it not a good thing to support your Local Bike Shop- especially when the people that run it are very good at what they do and provide a top notch service

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

SFB- whats the prob. is it not a good thing to support your Local Bike Shop

I had no way of knowing it was a shop and it does sound rather seedy…
    like “animal lovers” – don’t they know it’s illegal ?

0pt1cal
    Free Member

Had mine since November…loving it..but the best thing I did was to loose the Pikes and put a set of Talas 36 RC2 on….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Intense Tracer show and tell’ is closed to new replies.