Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Inspired by STW (bike storage content)
  • nickewen
    Free Member

There was a thread a couple months ago when someone suggested a bike storage setup similar to what I’ve done below in my new house. Can’t remember who it was but wanted to say cheers! Some cracking ideas kicking around this here forum 🙂

P1060039 by VeeeDubStar, on Flickr

Also built some of those hexagonal planters – so cheers to whoever posted those pics up too!

P1060036 by VeeeDubStar, on Flickr

steveoath
    Free Member

Very elegant storage. What did you use for the rail for the wheels?

nickewen
    Free Member

Thanks – it’s an old Halfords roof mounted rack my dad found when clearing out his garage. Surprisingly solid piece of ally

shifter
    Free Member

Similarly inspired I’ve got as far as the shelf bit but am undecided on the bit to hold the frame, what are using there Nick?

nickewen
    Free Member

Its an old hook thing I had in my toolbox for years wrapped in duct tape for protecting the frame, some chain and an M6x55mm expanding wall anchor. I keep thinking its gonna come out the wall but there’s actually not too much force on it… *touch wood*

nickewen
    Free Member

Hook Thingy by VeeeDubStar, on Flickr

breadcrumb

Looks neat. Might have to knock something up for the garage.

OT I’d have routed the front brake hose on the inside of the fork leg.

stevied
    Free Member

Nice work..

shifter
    Free Member

Thanks for the extra pic 🙂

nickewen
    Free Member

Cheers. Yeah the brake hoses have been too long/incorrectly routed from day 1! Needs sorting before France.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Nice.

akak
    Free Member

That planter looks good is it just glued together?

Why is your bird box so low?

theflatboy
    Free Member

Thinking about that bike mount, though, surely it would be worth loosening the stem and turning the bars prior to popping it up there – it would be much neater tighter against the wall?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Inspired by STW (bike storage content)’ is closed to new replies.