Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Informative read about NHS 'reforms'
  • CaptJon
    Free Member

we all know the changes are about privatisation. here’s an insightful and informative outline of what the health and social care bill really means:

http://abetternhs.wordpress.com/faq/

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

thank you capt

toys19
    Free Member

Very interesting. Worried about how the tories ideology might end up screwing us all over…

CaptJon
    Free Member

This is their economic growth strategy – create new areas of for the private sector to exploit, rather than fostering growth in existing markets. Schools have been first, the NHS and universities are next on the list.

What is stupid is the subsidies being given to the private sector. Any school converting to an academy is given £20k+ by the Govt to pay for legal services. What is even more stupid is the people most likely to invest in these areas: financial speculators, and we all know how responsible they are.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

What does this mean in real terms?

Would it have coat me a fortune when I was Ill?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

NO paul – what it means is the system is being privatised piecemeal with the attendant rise in costs this will bring – with a static budget it means rationing of treatments will increase.

althepal

Jesus, that makes for very scary reading.. I do not want my Nhs to be like that..
    Where’s my MPs address…

CaptJon
    Free Member

here you go, althepal:

http://www.writetothem.com/

sweepy
    Free Member

But when that rationing becomes more widespread Paul will have the choice of going without treatment, or funding it himself. As long as he can afford to, otherwise his choices are, 1- put up with it, or 2- put up with it

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

IIRC Paul was seriously ill – not the sort of thing that will be rationed

noteeth
    Free Member

A damn good summary of what is – basically – a yard-sale.

CaptJon
    Free Member

i’m surprised this hasn’t got more attention. it really is worth a read.

instanthit
    Free Member

Very scary reading, NHS Trust i work for is already condsidering whether we should become a social enterprise, and we are out to “tender”.
    The impact will be massive on those on low incomes/and with serious mental health issues.
    Not a single clincian i know wants this to happen.

julianwilson
    Free Member

I have it on good authority that this chap is very interested in making a profit out of looking after your nan ‘on behalf’ of the taxpayer. That or he just took a day off work to have a look round!

captaincarbon
    Free Member

instant hit, we had the same scenario last year. We are front line clinicians and ended up under the mental heath banner. they havent got a clue what we do/can offer so im afraid we may have sold ourselves short by not going over to social enterprise. If thats the way its going to go far better IMO to do it now and have a say in your future. A lot of us regret voting against forming a social enterprise..

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

fortunatly not in Scotland 🙂

We didn’t get he last round of NHS reforms either. More money for care

noteeth
    Free Member
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Informative read about NHS 'reforms'’ is closed to new replies.