Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Inbred – what rear Hope will fit?
  • ononeorange

I want to change my rear brake on my Inbred to a Hope (ideally an older style one, ie second-hand). I vaguely remember something about some brakes not fitting the Inbred rear. But I could have dreamed that afetr too much cheese.

Before I buy one only to discover it doesn't fit for whatever reason, is anyone on here running a rear Hope on an Inbred please? If so, which model?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Got an old school mini on an inbred, a mono mini would fit as well

Leku
    Free Member

Mono mini fits (thats what I have).

clubber
    Free Member

I think the issue will only be on slotted dropout ones – certainly my slidy one will take any caliper.

ononeorange

Thanks all. Over to the Classifieds then for me!

Mowgli
    Free Member

If the brake mount is on the seat stay rather than the chain stay, you should be fine.

When it's on the chainstay, it can be a little cramped in there. Even then, you should be able to get a mono mini on it fine.

MrTall
    Free Member

If i recall the main culprits were most of the cable discs available (they are wider than hydro's) and some of the older Shimano ones. Hope should be fine i'd guess.

2wheelwonder
    Free Member

HI
    I have a rear hope mono mini with braided hose and new pads,to fit 160mm rotor,hose is 125cm long and its just been bled.£60 delivered

2wheelwonder
    Free Member

sorry brake now sold

alexpalacefan

I've got a Scandal (same geometry as the Inbred) and a Mono Mini fits w/ a 160 rotor. Tried with a 140 and it wouldn't go.

APF

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Inbred – what rear Hope will fit?’ is closed to new replies.