Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 165 total)
  • I'm more middle class than you are
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

I started my pottery evemong* class tonight.

I went to Tescos en route, the ****ers run out of taramasalata!

What are your tales? Run out of artisan coffee beans? Broken grinder?

* a typo left in

jam-bo

I couldn’t decide whether to take the Audi A3or the VW T5 this morning.

tron
    Free Member

You go to Tesco?

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’ve shown this to my butler. He says you’re all common

oldnpastit

I’m doing my own tax returns.

scotroutes

I know

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Yeah? Well I’ve just been out on my steel singlespeed, had couscous for tea pour dejeuner* and am going to a sustainability steering group tomorrow. POW!

*Happy now you’ve smashed all my dreams and aspirations to tiny little shards of shit you heartless monster?

wwaswas

You have an evening meal called tea?

You’re not middle class.

aracer
    Free Member

Yeah, but I bet you’ve not been to any Spanish coffee shops recently, eh?

bruneep

Aldi home delivery booked

matt_outandabout

I popped into waitrose for my free coffee again on the way home tonight…

thestabiliser
    Free Member

And I’ve missed Booths so I can’t even go and get a huge bag of lentil chips to gorge on in self pity.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Tesco 😆

I called in at Marks and Spencer to get tonight’s food.

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Nobody middle class shops at Tesco or has an Audi (unless it’s an immaculate 1980s model)..

We have four ex-racehorses, the OH has lessons with the #2 ranked eventer globally, and both of our dogs are fed exclusively on raw diet. Oh, and our most common evening meal is either something involving sweet potato and quinoa, or something in red wine from the slow cooker. And the cars are a VW diesel estate and a battered high-end 4×4 for horsey duties. So 😛

Am still on 26″ wheels though..

bikemike1968
    Free Member

In the post today I got my National Trust cards and my John Lewis account bill.
    Beat that!

ourmaninthenorth

thestabiliser wins it – you’re not truly middle class until your grocery shopping comes from Booths.

Which, naturally, mine does.

garage-dweller

I tried as I had lentils for supper with a yoghurt and cucumber accompaniment.

However since it was accompanied by scotch egg, pork pie and Mexicana cheese I am clearly a revolting oik.

My excuse working late

scaredypants

I’m middle class; I’d pretty much always get out of the shower to use the toilet

(unless I knew it was going to be runny, obvz)

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I hate (more ‘scared of’) Corbyn & Trump & seriously can’t fooking stand Cameron & his shitty crew.
    Where do I stand?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Isn’t Booths in the North, though?

Edric64
    Free Member

Dejeuner is dinner not tea so instant fail

spacemonkey

Running low on almond butter and chia seeds so tonight I made only a small batch of protein bars.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

CFH – Yeah, it’s like fortnums but you can buy racing pigeons and spinning jennies in there

yunki
    Free Member

your mum’s more middle class than I am

geoffj

CFH – Yeah, it’s like fortnums but you can buy racing pigeons and spinning jennies in there

😆

RustySpanner

Pfft.
    Holidays this year:
    1. Visited goddaughter working on an organic farm.

2. Rented a cottage in Yorkshire Dales with a teacher and two doctors, (one of whom owns a Barbour AND a wine safe).
    They own a breadmaker(Panasonic), a sprocker and a pointer and they both do triathlons.
    One of which was in Chorlton.

I know my place, which is to introduce them to things they refer to as ‘quaint’.
    Such as mudguards and not arguing in public.

somafunk

I enjoy listening to Late Junction on R3 whilst drinking malt whisky and chewing on M+S Medjool dates (as i am at the moment) – good selection of tunes t’night so far by Nick Luscombe but i have a preference for Verity Sharps programming.

brakes
    Free Member

I’ve shown this to my butler. He says you’re all common

surely your butler pre-reads your daily reading material and would have filtered out such piffle as this?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Good memory aracer!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I used to live in a converted barn in the lakes with an aga, shop at sainsbury only when I couldn’t get to booths, choose my wine by more than country or origin only eat in the better local pubs and preferred to cook from scratch.

These days I live in a shared house, have a shared office shop where ever is open but I’m off whisky tasting later in the month with 500 quid bottles, just been to a mad art/music gig in a disused office building and ride my bikes to work. I think I’m mostly just confused.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Their new season flat caps and whippets are simply to die for, dahhhhhling!

😆

BillMC

People like you do your own shopping?

piemonster

I’m not, but I do like to try and pretend. Which might actually be worse

piemonster

And just for clarification. The only middle class people in the north are those in their weekend bolt holes!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

piemonster – Member
    And just for clarification. The only middle class people in the north are those in their weekend bolt holes!

I think by the north you mean the industrial wastelands just above the midlands, it get’s much nicer once you get past that into the Dales, Durham, Cumbria and Northumberland and up into the borders.

piemonster

That’s where the bolt holes are.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I guess you never got to meet the locals then…

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I’ll be taking the labrador out for a walk later. Might wear a hat.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

it get’s much nicer once you get past that into the Dales, Durham, Cumbria and Northumberland and up into the borders

I’m glad you said Durham and not County Durham.

I’m enjoying my meusli and pondering the condition of the paintwork on the timber conservatory.

mrsfry
    Free Member

Sitting in my M&S knickers and typing on a macbook air, while waiting for my nan bread and hummus to reach the ambient room temperature. My cats are eating pan fried steak and my snakes are munching on quails.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 165 total)

The topic ‘I'm more middle class than you are’ is closed to new replies.