Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • I'm going Horse-riding – any tips?
  • infidel
    Free Member

been waiting for binners to come along and point out that whatever horse Hora gets given to ride will be wrong for many reasons and will need replacing many times over in the quest for the perfect horse.

PS – huge billowy white shirt with high collar, tightish trousers for the Mr Darcy look…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

hora would never get my look 🙂

twelveski
    Free Member

Get to make some use of those boots you bought at last! Make sure you tuck the jeans inside for full effect.

Dancake
    Free Member

Only been once. By the time I had got back, my face had swollen up, my eyes were streaming and i couldnt breath freely. Worse allergic reaction to anything I ever had

It was worth it though, just for the look on my mate’s face when his beast did a runner with him on it. I am grinning now recounting 🙂

eth3er
    Free Member

The horse is reinforced yes? 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I believe the stables has reserved the Shire horse for hora.

spooky_b329

I’ll re-iterate the advice; no jeans! Wear some cycling liners, they do help. See if you can borrow some chaps (the lower leg only type) as they will help prevent your trousers rubbing against your legs if you try trotting. Boots with a heel are best, if you wear shoes/trainers the stirrup may work its way over the tongue/laces of your shoe and sit against your leg which is uncomfortable, and dangerous as if you fall off you may get dragged if your foot wont come out! I stopped wearing my steel capped work boots for the same reason, they were too wide for the stirrups and wouldn’t come out easily if I fell off.

Never ever lean back if the horse decides to go under a low branch, always lean forwards. Hug the neck and put your head down one side of the neck if you really think you are going to get taken off!

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘I'm going Horse-riding – any tips?’ is closed to new replies.