Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • If I need one of these…
  • 2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Have I bought the wrong frame?

Whilst looking for a strong 100mm 26″ FS frame & not finding much I stumbled on a frame with the right geometry but with a 16″ seat tube, now I’m 6′ & this is a slopestyle frame, just what I’m after angle wise, but the seat tube will be terribly short, so apart from the daft looks of 350mm of seatpost showing are there any other real downsides?

All thoughts & piss taking welcome 😉

Cheers.

neilwheel
    Free Member

If you are styling the slope you will only need 3 1/2″ of seatpost.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Is that a thought or a piss take? 😉

Trimix
    Free Member

Think of the force you will end up putting into it with such a long seat post. Its going to break something sooner or later.

Also, if your six foot, isnt a 16 inch frame too short for you ?

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Effective Top Tube Length is 24.5 inches, so no, it’s longer than my 19″ Stiffee.

Cheers.

goodgrief
    Free Member

What frame is it?

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

It’s an Ellsworth Momentum 😐

Cheers.

scotroutes

See the height that saddle’s at?

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Yes, and?

This one is a tad higher

d45yth
    Free Member

There’s a reason they’re so heavily discounted. Don’t buy something just because it looks a bargain.

Trimix
    Free Member

Doesnt look like its meant to be ridden up hill, so you wont need to sit on it.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I was assuming no one wanted a short travel 26″ FS anymore, but then there is also the fact that there are no reviews out there, even on PinkBike & MTBR, so I’m guessing it’s not a popular bike, but then at £2K retail I can see why.
    My favourite bike has always been an Azonic Propulsion with less than 100mm rear suspension, & that’s what I am chasing, not that expect anyone on here to have heard of them let alone owned one.

Cheers.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Trimix – Member

Doesnt look like its meant to be ridden up hill, so you wont need to sit on it.

Did you bother to look at the angles?

Cheers.

pirahna
    Free Member

2unfit2ride

If you want a short travel frame and are 6 foot tall, I’ve got a large Yeti AS-R frame in the loft. 100mm of rear travel.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Now you tell me 😉
    Anyway, I doubt it will have a slack headangle 😉

Cheers anyway.

Northwind

GW has one of those. Be more like GW.

Mine was so I could pedal my downhill bike up a hill, pretty useful. But bear in mind you’ve got an 18 inch seatpost there and a 16 inch frame so it won’t go all the way down.

You’ll be putting a lot more stress on the bike than it’s designed for… But it’s a slopestyle frame so should be strong like ox. I’d want a lot of seatpost down below the toptube though.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

And his is still too short now he’s taking up Cyclocross. Maybe he’ll get a bike that fits now.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I want to be like GW, I really do, because nothing in my life means more, like really 😉

Northwind

I always like that Gusset do a short stem called a Staff, if you were going to name one of your products a Staff it’d be the 6 foot long seatpost surely?

scotroutes

Maybe they’re staffed by dwarfs

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

He’d have been scarier with a staff than the little limp sword he was waving around on Friday night. The beer every lap didn’t help him.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Just a quick update on how the build is going, this pic from quite low down shows the amount of seatpost showing,how long the reach is & the angles with a 120mm fork.

Cheers.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

That doesn’t look ridiculous – besides the fugly rear traiangle, of course 😉

I’m 5′ 7″ and have a lot of post showing on my Inbred. STW’ers said I’d bought a too small frame when I posted pics. That was about 8 years ago and I’ve never doubted it fits me well. Better than the 16″.

Enjoy.

JoeG
    Free Member

Why do you need the saddle at optimum pedaling height when obviously you’re not going to do much pedaling without a chain? 😉

And the mismatched wheels… 🙄

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

It now looks like this

Cheers.

JoeG
    Free Member

Well, you’re making progress. 😉 The wheels now match. And the black pedals and bash are a definite improvement as is the chain. 🙂

But the rear valve and logo aren’t aligned at all! 😡

And bikes with a dropper should always be photographed with the dropper dropped; they just look better that way. 🙄

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Anything else? jeez your a tough audience! Just for you X.

wwaswas

you need to try a lot harder on the long seat post front 😉

bikeneil
    Free Member

Look at that massive weed. It’s disgraceful. ^^^

JoeG
    Free Member

OP – now do the following:

1. Align the rear valve stem with the tire logo FFS! 😈

2. Go ride the bike and get it dirty! 😀

Or are you really 2unfit2ride and just plan to hang it on the wall? ❓

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I’m not about to unseat a tubeless tyre to align it up for you, it doesn’t bother me!
    And no I won’t get it dirty, yet, waiting for dryer trails to use it & I’ll continue to not use my rigid 29er in this filth 😉

Cheers.

vincienup
    Free Member

Doesn’t look like an insane amount of seat post tbh. I’m pretty sure my Chameleon isn’t much better… (Large frame, 178cm rider) but SC make their frames small.

As elsewhere, the post is only going to be showing on the climbs how far down can you get it when you need it out of the way?

vincienup
    Free Member

Ah. Dropper now fitted. Sorry….

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘If I need one of these…’ is closed to new replies.