• This topic has 23 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by ski.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Idiots in a Honda Civic in Essex/Upshire this morning…
  • Kryton57

Cycling through Upshire this morning when I see a silver Civic, possibly a type S (2nd Gen) coming towards me probably about 60mph on my side of the road.

Two grinning idiots who think its funny to “swipe” a cyclist so close that the side of the car almost brushed my elbow.

I really thought my days were ended when I saw the gap between the drivers door and the wall on my left narrowing rapidly.

If you spot the car, or have a similar experience report them please. Unfortunately I couldnt get the plate.

llamaknob
    Free Member

argoose
    Free Member

Carry half house brick in pack for next few rides bet they sh1t out first seeing cyclist ready to lob half house brick at windscreen.

Edric64
    Free Member

Dont need a brick a large ball bearing will do, just lob it in front the screen the ***** speed will do the rest

jam-bo

If you have time for either of those suggestions, I’d suggest your in rather less danger than you think.

argoose
    Free Member

Not sure how true, but once heard that a small piece of the ceramic top from spark plug will shatter a windscreen. Not tried it but let me know how it goes. 🙂

Kryton57

I wouldn’t have had time. I was in the drop’s at the bottom of a down/up and looked up to see the “H” looming down at me.

Was pretty shaken TBH.

DT78
    Free Member

Great suggestions for the Darwin awards.

organdonor
    Free Member

Carry half house brick in pack for next few rides bet they sh1t out first seeing cyclist ready to lob half house brick at windscreen…

Dont need a brick a large ball bearing will do, just lob it in front the screen the ***** speed will do the rest

…or they just run you down.

Lots of nobbers on the road, give them as much room as possible and try not to let them antagonize you. How can you ‘win’?

OP – glad to hear you’re ok, shame you couldn’t get the reg. Idiots like this should most definitely not be on the roads. Maybe the militant cyclists shouldn’t be there either, life’s too short as it is.

deadkenny
    Free Member

“Idiots in Essex this morning…”
    Goes without saying 😛

andyl
    Free Member

Worth reporting. Chances are the police know the car/owner so it all helps should something more serious happen.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

Cheap headcams from Ebay are worth looking into. I picked up one for about £30. The only problem is it’s hard to pick out number plates on moving cars, but here’s a sample:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz_7LQYk3wc[/video]

fourbanger
    Free Member

What’s that showing then?

Squidlord
    Free Member

It’s Mr. Shouty Number Plate Man. Wondered what happened to him.

FuzzyWuzzy

Yeah, breaking the car’s windscreen as it approaches you would be a really smart idea…

bigyinn
    Free Member

If that was me Id have launched a swift kick at their wingmirror. Works well. 😈

chakaping
    Free Member

Did you tell the police? I’m sure they’d take it very seriously.

Kryton57

chakaping – Member

Well no, I imagine (I hope) they have better things to do than search for a silver Civic in essex, of which I’m sure there are loads.

maccruiskeen

chakaping – Member
    Well no, I imagine (I hope) they have better things to do than search for a silver Civic in essex, of which I’m sure there are loads.

They may well have done more than one stupid thing today, if you’ve got a time and location it may fit the pattern of stupid things reported before and afterwards

rudebwoy
    Free Member

good advice , you must report them, it all helps in the long run

prezet
    Free Member

Report them, I’m sure giving your location they’d be easy to find on CCTV.

chakaping
    Free Member

They may well have done more than one stupid thing today, if you’ve got a time and location it may fit the pattern of stupid things reported before and afterwards

Exactly, it doesn’t sound like a one-off.

spawnofyorkshire

there’s a very good chance that they were captured on a traffic camera somewhere nearby as well.

You only need to make a fairly quick phonecall to report it. Prob not the only thing they did that day

ski
    Free Member

report it, chances are they have done the same in the past, or will do the same again.

A local driver here, has been arrested recently after a number of reports built up a picture for the police to action.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Idiots in a Honda Civic in Essex/Upshire this morning…’ is closed to new replies.