Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • I would like to introduce you to my new Stanton…
  • this_wreckage
    Free Member

because I am absolutely chuffed to bits with her 😛

Anybody else care to share some Stanton love…?

Jamie
    Free Member

That is a lovely colour frame.

To counter this, not a fan of the seat or wheels. 😛

z1ppy

It’s even better in the flesh, that’s lovely, not convinced that the seat colour matches but if it’s comfortable, so what. Coulda taken the mudguard off for the pictures though 😯
    What travel are you running the Trace at?

PS: There a decided lack of weeds in the picture, though it looks like you need to re-seed the grass to the far left
    (EDIT: I assumed he’d strimmed by the fense not killed it, inanswer to below ? ? )

deejayen
    Free Member

I saw some Stanton frames in a shop recently, and thought they looked great – seemed to be nicely constructed, and the paint was deep and shiny. The Sherpa in green (like yours) was especially nice.

matt_outandabout

That fence needs some more treatment, and last time you did treat it you dripped it on the grass, killing it.

Nice bike. Especially the colour. 8)

packer
    Free Member

Looks great!

darrenspink
    Free Member

Really wanted one of these frames but a. Didn’t think 18″ was big enough for me (6’2 1/2)
    b. Couldn’t warrant getting one.

Very nice deep green paintjob. Not over keen on the handwriting though.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Nice.

What is that mudguard anyone know?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Nicest head badge I’ve seen.

Jamie
    Free Member

What is that mudguard anyone know?

Mudhugger I think.

zerocool

I’m interested in one, but not sure if they’re an out and out XC frame or abuse to take a bit more abuse as I sort of want a 29er Slackline rather than an XC whippet

Northwind

That is lovely…

this_wreckage
    Free Member

Seat is comfy indeed and, fwiw, I think it works although brown saddles are always a bit Marmite. Wheels are from previous bike, they’re great but I’d prefer black for aesthetics.

Z1ppy, the trace is set at 120mm.

Joshvegas, that is a mud hugger as Jamie correctly points out.

Zerocool, I’ve only had two rides so far but I’ve set her up as a 29er slackline as you put it… Certainly felt an awful lot of fun hooning down the decent over the top of Baildon towards Shipley glen the other day! Bit of a hooligan actually…

Comments regarding strimming are correct, good eyes z1ppy, the bald spot in the lawn was caused by poor strimming technique!

daftvader
    Free Member

I’m testing one next week… Can’t wait. Will likely be running it as a ss too….

darrenspink
    Free Member

top of Baildon towards Shipley glen the other day!

Local to me. I’ll keep an eye out for the green flash 😉

nuke

but not sure if they’re an out and out XC frame or abuse to take a bit more abuse as I sort of want a 29er Slackline rather than an XC whippet

Have you looked at the geo? Its definitely has hooning potential…slack ha, short chainstays and a 30.9mm St ready for a dropper.

I’d love one

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Looks awesome! 🙂

nuke

No dealer list on the Stanton website…I know you can buy direct but anyone know any dealers in Surrey?

daftvader
    Free Member

Tamed earth link… they are who I’m seeing next week. Tom has been great with answering all questions and keeping me updated

rotary
    Free Member

Nice !

edward2000
    Free Member

Ordered a Slackline build in May and my cc was debited instantly. Still waiting for it to be delivered with no date yet. Considering g cancelling tbh as half the summers gone.

neil853
    Free Member

I was thinking of one of these before i got my Fireline, the geo looks spot on in fact the frame just looks the right shape if you know what i mean? Delivery was too far away at the time which kind of decided it for me. Looks lovely though that!

fr0sty125
    Free Member

They are lovely I’ve seen a Sherpa and Slackline in the flesh and they are really nice frames.

_tom_
    Free Member

“Her” ? Dont be that person!

Bike looks great though, love that green.

binners

That really is luuuverly

beamends
    Free Member

is it just me or do the wheels look a little big? 😉

either way nice bike

AlexSimon

Great looking bike. Some thought gone into that.

this_wreckage
    Free Member

Thanks all for your generally very kind comments 🙂

Surprised I haven’t seen more posted in the forum yet tbh, switchbacks too.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘I would like to introduce you to my new Stanton…’ is closed to new replies.