• This topic has 120 replies, 45 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by hels.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 121 total)
  • I was pretty shocked this morning… (religious content)
  • Kryton57

…whilst being squashed in a train be forceably witnessing a disturbing text/messenger conversation

The (apparantly of Indian descent) chap messaging was conversing about a work issue, when the statement “..you can over power them, they are only heathen christians, have faith…” appeared.

Now, I’m not religiously biased in any sense (although christian by birth) but I found this quite disturbing and wonder (perhaps with some niaivety) whether this is a common carry on.

But it begs the question, why live on a Christian democracy if you’re opposed to it?

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Early contender for thread of the day……

wwaswas

why live on a Christian democracy if you opposed to it

I was born here?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I was born here

You can move. It’s a free country.

Except for religious intolerance; that only works one way apparently.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Were they wearing a ruck-sack?

Jamie
    Free Member

You can move.

Seats?

donsimon
    Free Member

But it begs the question, why live on a Christian democracy if you’re opposed to it?

I think the questionis a little deeper and should relate to the idea of letting them in in the first place and then allowing them to have jobs that give them the earning power to buy mobiles and sufficient education to be able to use them. Surely with the current levels of unemployment…………………….

therealhoops
    Free Member
    wwaswas

You can move.

I did, I live in Brighton (well, Hove actually) now.

The Christianity bit still grates, though.

Jamie
    Free Member

A heathen Christian earlier:

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’m not religious but i’d happily text a friend telling them they could overpower somebody ‘for they are nothing but a pathetic stinky human meat baby’

in fact i’m going to text yeti saying just that

alexpalacefan

Why would one want to move? Surely work to change the country you’re happy in?

APF

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Its not a Christian democracy.

Have you heard how the christian religions refer to non christians? or even those of other christian sects?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

iDave, I got a warning from teh modz for offering tea the other day. Apparently you’re not allowed to offer virtual sustenance in such threads any more.

Just thought I should let you know.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

The Christianity bit still grates, though.

Bet you still take Bank Holidays at Easter, though.

Just being swarthy is enough to get you shot on some trains; lucky the whole train wasn’t nuked form orbit for that.

GCHQ will be monitoring the messages. Or they were shooting Spooks

Jamie
    Free Member

….and another one:

DezB
    Free Member

He might work at the Heathen Christian Centre..

Jamie
    Free Member

…a fun one:

wwaswas

Bet you still take Bank Holidays at Easter, though.

and Christmas and Whitsun too.

I may not be a Christian but I’m not daft 😉

joao3v16
    Free Member

“..you can over power them, they are only heathen christians, have faith…”

You were sat next to a Jedi Knight, or something similar

And I didn’t think it was possible to be a heathen AND a Christian?

zippykona

That’s the thing with religion, its makes you choose sides.
    Even though I’m not a practicing christian I’m all huffy and puffy about some bloke slagging us(them) off. I wouldn’t feel even slightly miffed at a Hindu moaning about Sikhs. Should learn to let it slide.
    I feel a Dead Kennedies song coming on. Religious Vomit.

s
    Free Member

Is reading someones text without permission, not an invasion of their privacy?

Was the second text he wrote:

Person behind me is reading what I text here & is going to get one in the balls in a second 😉

DezB
    Free Member

I like the fact that Cliff is about to mime shooting himself in the head. That’s made my day, that.

leffeboy

Even though I’m not a practicing christian I’m all huffy and puffy about some bloke slagging us(them) off.

potato – poTAto

philconsequence
    Free Member

😯

i wont type out what yeti just text me but if he’s not on the forum for a while its cos GCHQ and mi5 will have taken him in for questioning.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Numpty religious maniac texting silly gibberish, shocka…

leffeboy

tell yeti to disguise himself as a rock. That works

Jamie
    Free Member

Just for you Dez:

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’ve been disguising myself as something that rhymes with rock for years.

Jamie
    Free Member

Sock?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Why live in a country where you don’t like what people are texting to each other ?

Time for the OP to move to country where people only text morally correct stuff to their mates, I reckon. And one with less crowded trains.

wwaswas

I didn’t know Ed Oxley wore glasses 😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Does anyone want me to text them a picture of me hiding behind a sock?

DezB
    Free Member

I was thinking more…

wwaswas

if you do a google search for ‘man with big sock’ this is the first image;

I’m not switchign safe search off for that one…

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Time for the OP to move to country where people only text morally correct stuff to their mates, I reckon.

Maybe Orange/O2/Vodaphone should employ some STW Mods to stop this sort of outrageous texting malarky.

Kryton57

leffeboy – Member
    Even though I’m not a practicing christian I’m all huffy and puffy about some bloke slagging us(them) off.

I’m not huffy and puffy about it, just alarmed at the extremist view. Presumably the people involved believe the the cause they are fighting with thier bosses has some king of religious empathy – ie its a religious victory of some sorts.

I wish I’d found out what the issue was, it’d be interesting if a religious war was won/lost over the use of a photocopier.

binners

why live on a Christian democracy if you opposed to it

Oh, I don’t know. At a guess….. Decent, civilised, standard of living. Free education for your kids? Free healthcare? Housing benefit? Freedom to spout whatever gibberish you want? Absence of torture for expressing said gibberish?

I believe all the above are in pretty short supply in large parts of the globe. Some frightfully old-fashioned people think that maybe a degree of gratitude may therefore be in order. Or at the very least, a sense of perspective. But if you say that, then you’re a fascist. Apparently

MrsToast
    Free Member

The problem with sneaking a peak at messaging is that you don’t necessarily know the context of the message, or the tone it’s sent in.

Just for the record, if anyone is viewing my MSN messages, I don’t really want to load old women in supermarkets into trebuchets and fire them into the sun, nor do I want to put my mother in a wheelie bin and push her off a cliff.

camo16
    Free Member

I’m reading this thread on a train.

My sensibilities are so outraged by the indecent anti Cliff-age being displayed that I’m texting this to a buddy of mine:

“…they are only heathen STW-ers, they are only heathen STW-ers, I must have faith… oh, a weirdie beardie with socks for ears is way too close for comfort. Is he… reading this text… ****…. **** ***** ****** … Will keep you posted…”

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 121 total)

The topic ‘I was pretty shocked this morning… (religious content)’ is closed to new replies.