Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • I saw a deer…. Commuting Nature Watch
  • notlocal
    Free Member

I drive to work, but think myself very lucky to see Red Deer, Buzzards and Red Squirrels. I saw a Grey Squirrel this morning, which makes me worry about the native Red population here. Luckily it had been hit by another car and killed.

skidartist
    Free Member

Do goths count as wildlife?

Wild? they were livid!

brassneck

3 Red Kites, 4 Buzzards on the way home last night. Innumerable crows
    mobbing both.

Oh, and 1 large moist dog egg left mid singletrack. Luckily it doesn't stick to the tread of a semi grip tyre and showered me instead 👿

Rickos
    Free Member

In the FoD I see loads of deer and buzzards and ting, you know, all dead close up and that. There are even wild boar in there, but I've yet to see any myself, like. Saw a mole being mobbed by a load of sparrows last week on my ride in along the river.

singlespeeddan
    Free Member

Fox has been spotted once and loads of rabbit. There is the odd kestrel over some of the scrubland, but my commute used to take me a long the beach ( I live at the end of it) and sometimes the dolphins would be jumping at the mouth of the harbour. 😀 that fairly brightens up your day.

philjunior
    Free Member

Most of these have already been listed, but on my commute/local rides I've notched up:

Loads of frogs
    Swans
    Ducks
    Foxes
    Rabbits
    Deer
    Herons
    A couple of Owls (especially cool the time I was at the front of the group and it just swooped down and flew in front of me for a few metres)
    Cats up trees
    Bats (no one else has mentioned bats yet! Woo!)

Um, I think that's all! I do like my local rides and my scenic route to work! 🙂

Oh – and the odd Kestrel

Sidney
    Free Member

On one lucky commute I saw:
    Green Woodpecker
    Small Deer/Muntjack
    Hare
    Foxes
    Squirrels
    Rabbits
    Falcon/Kestrel.

Milkie
    Free Member

Popped round to see a friend at work (North Bristol Suburbs) and saw in the wild (not including the usual suspects):

Deer
    Kestrel
    Buzzard
    Yellowhammer
    Goldfinch
    Swift's
    Canada Geese (flying)
    Ducks (flying)
    Pheasants
    Partridges
    & a few more I can't remember

I took a photo of the Kestrel & the Deer with my phone through a set of binoculars, not a very good photo tho.

Macinblack
    Free Member

My favourite sight is the Kingfisher that tends to race me along the Maun. You can't beat the flash of iridescent blue as it flies along.

jacko54321
    Free Member

sharki – Member
    where do i start?

my 4 month 700 mile commute, i saw many things, from birthing sheep, mating beetles, sharks, seals, chuffs, deer, snakes, etc….

😯

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘I saw a deer…. Commuting Nature Watch’ is closed to new replies.