Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • I really don't care if it's for charity
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I just wish November would end so that otherwise perfectly normal men would suddenly realise just how effing stupid moustaches look.

That is all.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Heres one for you then 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I rest my case.

🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bigbloke
    Free Member

miserable bugger 😉

jon1973
    Free Member

I think my one is coming along nicely

thegreatape
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Dear Boy, I appear to have grown a MO!!!!!!!!

Go on, donate, you know you wan't to

Bessides, I wouldn't be seen dead without my mo, not at at my time of life, with my reputation?

BigDummy
    Free Member

Isn't the trouble that a month is nowhere near long enough for most men to grow a plausible moustache?

A good moustache, worn with conviction (and possibly a little wax) is magnificent. A bad one, worn with irony, is dire.

There can be no serious contention that this one looks stupid:

This one needs several more years of work, and possibly somethign else…

firestarter
    Free Member

when i was in the army we used to have to ask the rsm if we could grow one then present it to him after 2 weeks and if it didnt meet his expectations it was off. one of my mates used to try and try lol i think the rsm just didnt want any competition as he had a huge silly one lol

Kit
    Free Member

Um… 😯

DezB
    Free Member

😆 @kit!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😆 indeed!

But then, I did say

otherwise perfectly normal men

, which clearly rules me out! 😉

AndyP
    Free Member

I had him down more in this era, hair and all.

seriously – what is this moustache growing thing? First I've heard of it, thankfully. Beards are the way to go, clearly.

cheers_drive

Agreed, my mo looks effing stupid but that's the point; It looks odd and therefore raises awareness for the charity.
    The worrying thing is the my girlfriend actually likes it and wants me to keep it. I can only imagine it's because no other woman would find me attractive with it ❓

algarvebairn
    Free Member

A couple of months back I tried to grow a beard but failed miserably but when I shaved it off I kept a handlebar 'tache. Paired it up with a pair of rayban aviators and a cowboy hat. Looked uber cool. Then the Mrs came downstairs and almost died with laughter. The 'tache went about 2 mins later.

peachos
    Free Member

yep i can't wait for the end of the month so i can chop off this abortion of a top lip growth i tried to grow. has stirred up lots of interest & good banter though.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Paired it up with a pair of rayban aviators and a cowboy hat. Looked uber cool. Then the Mrs came downstairs and almost died with laughter.

I'm willing to believe your instinct on this was correct and your missus don't know shit. But I might need to see a photo. 😀

coffeeking
    Free Member

No-one could seriously say that Burt Reynolds 'tache isn't the best thing since sliced bread.

bassspine
    Free Member

…so how many of the movember lot grew a toothbrush?

cheers_drive

What's a 'toothbrush'? Is that like a Hitler?

SammyC
    Free Member

@cheers_drive:

You imply that women find you attractive without a tash! 😉

…. but yours is coming along nicely I think. 🙂

algarvebairn
    Free Member

Cheers BigDummy. No photos as no-one in the house was able to focus a camera because of laughter induced shakes. I might try again over Xmas

AndyP
    Free Member

What's a 'toothbrush'? Is that like a Hitler?
    er… a toothbrush is something you brush your teeth with. a Hitler is (was) Th*tcher's father.

Kit
    Free Member

cinnamon_girl

Well, I think a moustache can look sexy, indeed as can a beard.

Perhaps the STW girlies should judge?

langy
    Free Member

Mo's alone are harder to pull off, but if you're gonna have facial hair, you should really just do it right and grow the full set.

I've done the sideys; soul patch; soul patch and sideys; wolverine; goatie and sideys; goatie and soul patch; goatie; but for the last 8 or so years it's been the full set, kept reasonably trimmed. When I'm older I'll go the Uncle Albert with the big full beard and shaved dome, but at the moment my Dad is holding down that fort!

My wife has only ever seen pictures of me without a beard, never in real life; I've been reminded on numerous occassions that if I shave it off, it will be divorce (at least I know how to get out if needs be!!! 😆 😈 ) unless it is a big charity thing – and then she will get the clippers on her hair at the same time, but it has to be grown back straight away.

Remember; facial hair is for life, not just for Movember

cinnamon_girl

Good for you langy! Too many guys are fixated on not having body hair of any description.

So … if anyone has a hairy chest and needs someone to snuggle up to it 😉

john_drummer
    Free Member

my top lip cannot grow anything decent.

the rest of my face, though, if left unkempt, soon ends up looking like Ken Bates. This is not a good look on someone only in their 40s.

And there's a bit on my chest that gives my top lip something to laugh at 😉

caledonia
    Free Member

It used to be my Goatee, but now….

A mate said i looked like a gay mexican, so I decided that I would try Crazy Mexican instead !

cinnamon_girl

Haha! 8)

diggers
    Free Member

I'll see your Reynolds and raise you a Selleck

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘I really don't care if it's for charity’ is closed to new replies.