• This topic has 40 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Gnnr.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • I-phones in restaurants
  • Harry_the_Spider

People who want to wave their phones about in restaurants in a “look at me I’ve got an i-phone” manner should be made to but them in a special container that I have devised.

Note: Not all i-Phone users are man-chickens, just the ones who can’t eat a pizza without taking a picture of it and e-mailing it to their friends who are sat at the saMe TaBle.

Drac

djglover
    Free Member

Sounds like you go to the same chavvy restaurants as Derek Starship.

Flaperon

I know someone like that who just breaks off mid-conversation to look at something on his phone, and then comes back about 20 seconds later and picks up where he left off.

If there’d been a bucket of water nearby his phone would have been in it!

Tallpaul

Pizza Hut isn’t a restaurant.

LoCo
    Free Member

My wife has threatened to ‘insert’ my blackberry, due to the work emails now going to it 😯

Although I turn it off if out to dinner.

philconsequence
    Free Member

this thread makes my heart both sing and sink at the same time:

sing = moderator use of lolcats
    sink = moderator ignoring swear filter avoidance to boast about iPhone

😆

EDIT – my post is now pointless ‘cos of editing the OP and getting rid of swearing, so now i must make my post count by throwing in a:

Drac

Look again.

Stuey01
    Free Member

Doesn’t approximately 97.4% of the adult population have an iphone. It’s hardly worth showing off about and giving it the “look at me” treatment.

Drac

It’s hardly worth showing off about and giving it the “look at me” treatment.

They’re not, just those that are jealous think they are. Least that’s how I see it when I look at them and their envious eyes, when I’m sending a pic of a burger to someone sat next to me. Because clearly that’s what people with iphones do send messages to the person they’re sat next to.

iDave
    Free Member

iWear a t-shirt that says ‘iTurned my phone off for you’, when i am in public

At least I would if such a shirt existed.

iHate cretins that can’t stop fiddling with their phones, ‘i’ or otherwise

Stuey01
    Free Member

They’re not, just those that are jealous think they are. Least that’s how I see it when I look at them and their envious eyes, when I’m sending a pic of a burger to someone sat next to me. Because clearly that’s what people with iphones do send messages to the person they’re sat next to.

Agreed. It’s all in the minds of the bitter non-iphone having luddites.

poppa
    Free Member

I was in a restaurant with my French buddy the other day, and I stopped to take a photo of my food with my smartphone and post it on Facebook. He moaned at me and I said to him: ‘If you worked a bit harder you could afford to buy one.’

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Sometimes I’m almost embarrased to own an iPhone. I do undersand the OPs point of view.

Harry_the_Spider

Drac – Moderator

Look again.

You could have corrected my ****ing typo too you ****. 😉

derek_starship
    Free Member

Sounds like you go to the same chavvy restaurants as Derek Starship.

Oi! DJGloves – take your face for one. Panama Hatty’s is not a chavvy restaurant.

It’s somewhere you can enjoy a fusion of Central American and Gulf food whilst relaxing in a blend of Bench / Shox / Omega / Helly Hansen / Burberry.

Drac

You could have corrected my ****ing typo too you ****.

Your kidding right, I can’t even correct my own.

Harry_the_Spider

Your kidding right, I can’t even correct my own.

Not got an app for that eh?

william
    Free Member

It’s not just iPhone users, I know people who one cannot have a conversation with because half way through he will get his blackberry out and ignore you for as long as it takes to reply. Sometimes I think a heroin addiction would be less disruptive than a smartphone addiction.

D0NK

I think “crackberrys” started this, iphone have just taken over.

Not got an app for that eh?

🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I like you, but what have you done with Drac?

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Restaurants are full of tables.

They are specially designed for putting iphones on.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Does this apply to just iPhone users or android users also??

DS – is that the Panama Hatty’s near Nantwich? Mate was there on Saturday night and said the service was pants, which is a shame as i was going to take my kids up there.

Helios
    Free Member

Completely agree with DONK… It all started with crackberries – iPhones just mean that now instead of Mr. Suit ignoring his wife and doing e-mail at the table you’ve got Mr. I’m-too-edgy-to-wear-a-suit peeing about with his iPhone to post something really interesting on Faceplant/Twit-ter about his napkin rings*

*This is not intended as a euphemism – but…

derek_starship
    Free Member

sharkbait – I went to the one in the centre of Manchester. I know there is one in Spurstow – which I guess is the one you’re talking about.

The service on Saturday was great but the food wasn’t brilliant. I paid £14 for a spicy chicken pappousa with latina rice and salad garnish. For this money I would expect 100% chicken breast but there was thigh meat in the mix too. My wife’s sirloin steak was lukewarm and a bit gristly too.

Oh – iPhones….er….they’re just brilliant – but I wouldn’t use one in a restaurant.

poppa
    Free Member

I’d rather eat chicken thigh than breast.

juan
    Free Member

what is an I-phone?

boblo
    Free Member

It’s not just iPhoneitis….. I was away skiing a couple of weeks ago. The 4 people at an adjacent table in the mountain restaurant at lunch spent their entire time looking at their phones. Note, not at their companions and not at the fantastic scenery all around.

Twits.

Kevsterjw
    Free Member

not an iPhone but same idea

clicky

cinnamon_girl

People who want to wave their boutique bikes about on trails in a “look at me I’ve got an allthegearnoidea bike” manner should be made to learn how to ride them and stop mincing.

Deary me, I’ve sorted that for you. Where would you lot be without a woman? 😉

CountZero

People have been doing this for as long as there have been mobies, some of you just have an issue with iPhones and just notice people with one. Android phones often look similar, why no comments about use of smartphones generally in restaurants? FWIW, I use mine to add up the cost of my part of the bill.

Harry_the_Spider

I disagree.

Until the advent of the smart phone people kept them in their pockets and took them out at the end of the night to book a taxi.

CaptJon
    Free Member

I hate it when my companions ignore me to watch people using their phones.

boblo
    Free Member

CountZero – Member
    People have been doing this for as long as there have been mobies, some of you just have an issue with iPhones and just notice people with one. Android phones often look similar, why no comments about use of smartphones generally in restaurants? FWIW, I use mine to add up the cost of my part of the bill.

My post was about phones in general. It really gets on my pip if people either take a call when they are talking to you or look at their phone mid conversation. If this happens, I usually wander off and they can then find me at my convenience….

Adding up the bill? Poor you. Mental arithmetic old boy, that’s the answer. Stops the brain atrophying as well 🙂

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Deary me, I’ve sorted that for you. Where would you lot be without a woman?

Happy?

😛

joolsburger
    Free Member

FWIW, I use mine to add up the cost of my part of the bill.

You are joking I hope, 4 people goes 4 ways etc etc you don’t surely pay less because Dave had a starter and Heather drank two glasses of wine?

boblo
    Free Member

….Harold had peas but didn’t enjoy them, Mable had extra cheese and Belinda’s Chardony was a bit warm. Without using a calculator, confirm each persons bill and show workings…

poppa
    Free Member

… and Tarquin had one more piece of garlic bread than everyone else, so although their were five of them the price of the garlic bread should be divided into sixths and distributed accordingly…

Nothing infuriates me more than going out for a meal with friends and someone trying to work out their portion of the bill. Say at the start of the meal if you’re a bit skint, no-one will mind, but getting the calculator out at the end?

I presume CZ was joking btw.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Nowt wrong with splitting the bill according to what you had. I don’t drink and i’m not prepared to continually subsidise friends’ drink habits. That said we don’t get the calculator out. Only time we’ve done that was at the xmas meal and there were 28 of us.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘I-phones in restaurants’ is closed to new replies.