Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • i Phone, Blackberry Storm pros and cons
  • Captain-Pugwash
    Free Member

Due a new phone in the next month or so and I’m looking at both of these phones, I’m currently with Vodafone at the moment and I like the contract I’m on, passport (for business trips abroad) and a 12 month contract. I am getting a little Pi**ed of with being dropped out of calls while talking to people and in some areas the service is shocking. If I stay with them I’d get a Blackberry Storm.

I’ve had a look at the i Phone. I don’t like the fact its an 18 month contract but what is the coverage like on O2 and is it worth it when I already have a iPod Touch so quite a few of the features could may not be used on the phone.

cp

the touch will prob be made redundant!!

as for o2 – i like it. they have the best covereage out of t-mobile (not hard) and orange… no direct experience of vodafone i’m afraid!

tomzo
    Free Member

Sell the touch if you get the iphone, it’d bepretty pointless havign both.

o2 is probably better than most in terms of coverage, but its better in some areas, worse in others. T-mobile were awful coverage for me in bournemouth, orange not great. Vodafone has ok coverage down here.

Most people seem to concur that the Storm is not as good as the iphone, and the few drawbacks that the iphone has (poor battery life, cant copy and paste, camera average, no mms) are generalyl pretty minor.

samuri
    Free Member

My blackberry is on Vodafone and the reception is outstanding. Very, very rarely can’t get a signal, usually only when I’m in the middle of nowhere. Of course, I have stuck with the best blackberry ever (the 7100) so that will explain that. Dunno what the storm is like.

ziwi
    Free Member

Can’t recommend the iphone enough, it is absolutely brilliant. O2 on the other hand have crap reception compared to vodafone. I live a few miles from the M25 and it does not work anywhere in the village I live in or for at least half of my train ride to London.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

New Bold is the way to go, picking my (personal) one up tomorrow. Have a Pearl for work.

stevemorg2

I was also on Vodaphone and it would have been easier and cheaper to go with the storm. I thought long and hard about it and went for the Iphone – IMHO its a better all round package, wi-fi works well, it saves me taking my Ipod on the train and the “small business” contract seems good free phone, £42 a month and then another free phone after 12 months.

-m-
    Free Member

Different mobile networks in different coverage shocker…

Captain Pugwash: It may be helpful if you told us whereabouts you want to use your phone. People could then give you relevant experience, rather than random “O2 is great” “O2 is rubbish” comments…

pimpmyride
    Free Member

Right ask me anything i’m a phone guru 🙂

1. Iphone is utter rubbish the reception is pretty standard, pathetic camera, no mms, no video, terrible battery life, overpriced, if you unlock it its done at your own risk and may wreck the phone when updated etc etc. not recommended.

2. Storm is a great phone but the idea of one pressable button is too new for me and that screen is just asking for dust to get trapped underneath it (same problem as the samsung I8510) no wifi either which for me is a big no no as when i’m in town or in starbucks I get to go on youtube, web etc for free 🙂
    Also if you havn’t used a storm then I strongly advise you to before you buy it as its slow VERY slow use one you will see what I mean instantly, apart from that the big screen and the new technoligy may swing you to get one but I wouldn’t have one.

3. Blackberry bold, one word unbelievable!!! this thing is the king! fast as hell did I say fast? I meant lightening fast, I had about 9 applications running at the same time and it didn’t even twitch (VERY recommended)

Personally I think Vodafone is the best all round provider and all my phones have had full signal where I live (village wooded area) and I will probably never change.

4. If you want another phone to consider and like touch screen then the LG Renoir is the phone for you, I have had it 3 months and it is quite possibly the best phone iv’e had yet, amazing camera and video, very good touch screen and is the only phone in the world I know where you can drag and drop a full 700mb avi, wmv, film onto it and it just plays it thanks to the inbuilt Divx support no compressing or converting and the quality is stupidly amazing with Dolby surround sound too!

There that good enough of a response for you?

Oh and yes i’m ready for all the iphone lovers to start having a go at me but just remember its the phone i’m knocking not the user 🙂 sorry but they are rubbish.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

New Bold is the way to go

Really? How does it compare, to, say, Daz, or Ariel?

pimpmyride
    Free Member

Rudeboy, simple but very funny mate 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😀

I don’t know, but I’ll ask my cleaner!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘i Phone, Blackberry Storm pros and cons’ is closed to new replies.