Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • I motorbiked off-road across America last month…
  • flamejob
    Free Member

I’ve always had an itch to do some big adventure, so last year I decided I’d ride a motorbike off-road across the ‘states.

I camped as much as I could and met all sorts of very interesting people because I was often nowhere near Tarmac.

Have a read and let me know what you think. It seems people are reading it (analytics!) but very few people leave feedback

http://www.JasonWD.com

cinnamon_girl

There is a moving page, it’s annoying. Shame as this looks an interesting blog!

austen

Thanks for sharing, this is a trip I have in my near future so looking forward to reading your experiences along the way.

I promise to leave feedback!

molgrips
    Free Member

Those wide open space photos work much better when the horizon’s straight 🙂

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Bookmarked, don`t know why just make me envious,the 3rd main photo looks a beautiful place!!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Sounds great.

you should read Good Vibrations by Tom Cunliffe, he did a big loop of the US staying mostly in small towns with the ‘interesting’ locals.

Aslo forwarded to my Dad who has a garage of ‘interesting’ bikes, after deciding that touring on an Africa Twin was just too boring and predictable, last I checked there was a Ural sidecar, an Enfield and something else.

atlaz
    Free Member

There’s a what, now?

allthegear
    Free Member

Oo looks fun!!

Out of interest, as I’m working on the next updates to http://www.horizonsunlimited.com to improve the travel blogs on there, can I ask a few questions?

– What made you choose to make a blog on your own site?
    – How do you tell people about it? (other than linking on STW, of course!)
    – is there an RSS feed of the blog?
    – if there is, would you like sites like the one I’m working on to automatically syndicate there to rreach bigger audience?

And, as a side note, make the view of updates show multiples of 12 items – then you won’t get the odd break on the page…

Rachel

stewartc
    Free Member

Not jealous much.

flamejob
    Free Member

Thanks peeps. Mrs Flamejob says the writing is good and I wanted some sideways input!

I assume you mean the stupid header pic… yeah I want to fix that… the images need to be the same size!

Those wide open space photos work much better when the horizon’s straight

The main problem with photos is I ignored Mrs flamejob’s advice and didn’t take a real camera. You can’t see a thing on an iPhone in a waterproof case!

you should read Good Vibrations by Tom Cunliffe, he did a big loop of the US staying mostly in small towns with the ‘interesting’ locals.

Audible only has “Ann Summers Short Story Collection, Includes: Down and Dirty, Good Vibrations, Car-ma Sutra, Tough Love and Fruity Fun”. Is that the same thing? 😉

– What made you choose to make a blog on your own site?

Donno? Maybe I’m a control freak?

– How do you tell people about it? (other than linking on STW, of course!)

Most of the time I just pointed to the sticker on my front mudguard and said have a read of that if you fancy!

– is there an RSS feed of the blog?

TBH I didn’t check. Do people still use RSS? /

– if there is, would you like sites like the one I’m working on to automatically syndicate there to rreach bigger audience?

Yeah, why not?! I must say, writing takes a lot more time that I had imagined. The thing is I have no real end goal other than to spread the word and share the experience. I have no product and I’m not selling anything!

Here is mee looking fatter than I actually do because I’m wearing POC amor under all that!

BoardinBob

Absolutely fine here

SaxonRider

flamejob, you’re back! Didn’t you used to live in Spain?

Anyway, nice blog. It’s good to see the USA in all its splendour, instead of its politics.

shermer75
    Free Member

Great stuf! 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Is that the same thing?

I’m sure the words “big” and “throbbing” are probably used to describe what he’s riding, but I doubt they’re quite the same. 😛

anagallis_arvensis

Great I will read that when I get time. Its something I really want to do. So did you do the TAT or similar and how long did it take you?

Cougar

The main problem with photos is I ignored Mrs flamejob’s advice and didn’t take a real camera.

You can almost certainly straighten them up fairly trivially in an image editing program (you’ll lose bits of the edges though).

flamejob
    Free Member

Didn’t you used to live in Spain?

Yeah, I did a bit of guiding at Switch-backs, then moved to Switzerland, then back to the UK.. then Thailand and now I’m in Montreal.

MTB here is pretty cool, even in winter 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘I motorbiked off-road across America last month…’ is closed to new replies.