• This topic has 91 replies, 51 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)
  • I like cats but….
  • jimjam
    Free Member

I killed one last night. Ran across the road and got smushed by my nearside rear wheel. I was doing about 55 so I’m guessing it wouldn’t have suffered too badly. The car behind me reacted rather violently, whether it swerved or kitty was launched in the air I don’t know.

I feel kind of bad.

burchill
    Free Member

Did this really require a thread?

jimjam
    Free Member

burchill – Member

Did this really require a thread?

Oh sorry, I didn’t realise there was already a semi official road kill thread ongoing. I searched for catricide threads but it didn’t return any results.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

You didn’t stop and go back to check?

burchill
    Free Member

jimjam – Member
    Oh sorry, I didn’t realise there was already a semi official road kill thread ongoing. I searched for catricide threads but it didn’t return any results.

I appreciate your due diligence, but there are already plenty of other moronic threads available on the first page – you didn’t need to start your own.

alexxx
    Free Member

55 in a 30
    Jokes about dead cats flying
    Most caring word used “smushed”
    **** given probably 0
    Leading post title

7/10

jimjam
    Free Member

burchill – Member

I appreciate your due diligence, but there are already plenty of other moronic threads available on the first page – you didn’t need to start your own.

I’m guessing but if I go through your post history I presume I’ll see that you’ve taken the time to admonish each and every one of these moronic thread starters in a similar fashion and also a long and worthy list of awesome threads that you’ve created?

schrickvr6 – Member

You didn’t stop and go back to check?

No I did not.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I feel kind of bad.

I’m feline kind of bad, surely.

burchill
    Free Member

jimjam – Member
    I’m guessing but if I go through your post history I presume I’ll see that you’ve taken the time to admonish each and every one of these moronic thread starters in a similar fashion and also a long and worthy list of awesome threads that you’ve created?

Only the ones that stoop to certain levels.

Nico
    Free Member

… I couldn’t eat a whole one.

maccruiskeen

but there are already plenty of other moronic threads available on the first page.

I know – they’ve knocked all the scintillating threads that you’ve started onto the second page 🙂

km79
    Free Member

At least the local wildlife will thank you as well as the poor sod whos garden has been used as a toilet.

A robin has been saved at Christmas. A fox has had enough frest meat to last a few days. Good result all round.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Feel for you (and the cat). I did this once. Just bolted out of a hedge and went under my rear wheel. Never had a chance. Felt terrible. I scooped the poor fella up and took it to a vets to see if it could be identified by a chip, but alas, no chip. Then I went to the pub and had a massive drink of booze.

jimjam
    Free Member

burchill – Member

Only the ones that stoop to certain levels.

Well hopefully the mods have been keeping a close eye on your sterling work and they’ll see fit to put a little tittle beside your user name. “Arbiter of Thread Worthiness” would be appropriate I feel. Then anyone who starts a thread can sit and eagerly wait for you to pass judgement as to whether or not their thread meets your lofty criteria. It’s only right given your diligent thread policing and quality control.

maccruiskeen

Looks like killing a cat is only the second worst thing you’ve done in the last 24 hour OP 🙂

jimjam
    Free Member

maccruiskeen – Member

Looks like killing a cat is only the second worst thing you’ve done in the last 24 hour OP

I know, but in fairness the cat killing guilt is now off set by the bird and mouse saving. I can’t forgive myself for bad thread starting though 😳

ElShalimo

burchill earlier today after he delivered another reprimand

footflaps

I can’t forgive myself for bad thread starting though

I ran over a Badger once. Am so glad I didn’t start a thread about it…

SaxonRider

[/quote]

I’m sorry, burchill, but what are you on? jimjam started an off-topic thread. That’s kind of what this whole forum is for: discussion of bikes, and other stuff.

What right do you have to challenge someone over a thread they have started, if it’s not obscene or nasty?!?

Do you go into a pub, listen in on someone’s conversation, then attack them for talking about something you didn’t want to hear about?!?

Go, make yourself a hot chocolate, and chill out. 😕

perchypanther
    Free Member

I ran over a vole once. I did start a thread about it.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/im-a-very-bad-man-caution-recently-deceased-fluffy-wildlife-content

Totally got away with it though.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Too tired to make a mildly offensive pussy joke.

bigblackheinoustoe
    Free Member

I once started a thread.

bigblackheinoustoe
    Free Member

Did it cat-apult off your front wheel?

Kryton57

Lest we Fur-get.

Jakester
    Free Member

footflaps – Member

I ran over a Badger once.

I hit a badger too. Bloody thing caused a load of damage to the front of the car, the fecker.

andybrad

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Pictures or it didn’t happen.

jimjam
    Free Member

I’ll be back there tomorrow.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

jimjam – Member
    I’ll be back there tomorrow.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Had to have our cat, Smudge, put to sleep last night at the vets. Very upset wife and 5 year old daughter.
    Due to age and health – not run over.
    However his brother, Pickles, was run over 8 years ago. Driver did not stop. neighbour found him, knocked on my door and I had to scrap him off the road.

burchill
    Free Member

SaxonRider – Member
    I’m sorry, burchill, but what are you on? jimjam started an off-topic thread. That’s kind of what this whole forum is for: discussion of bikes, and other stuff.

What right do you have to challenge someone over a thread they have started, if it’s not obscene or nasty?!?

Do you go into a pub, listen in on someone’s conversation, then attack them for talking about something you didn’t want to hear about?!?

Go, make yourself a hot chocolate, and chill out.

Hi SaxonRider?!?

I just thought it was slightly insensitive, given that the other side of this is (potentially) a family who are wondering where their beloved pet is, s’all.

Haven’t seen ‘what are you on?’ being used for years, so thanks for lightening my mood.

arrpee
    Free Member

burchill – Member

Julie?

Is that you?

burchill
    Free Member

arrpee – Member
    Julie?

Is that you?

Yeah, I did go in a bit strong – I apologise jimjam. I blame having a rubbish cold, a lack of paracetamol, and dreading my office’s Christmas party this evening (in case they talk about stuff I don’t want to hear about).

It just touched a nerve for the above reason.

Harry_the_Spider

There’s one that shits in my garden if you want to drive up and down my street for a bit.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Purrfect apology there Burchill, no need to have kittens over it – consider the critical responses above a furball warning.

Hope the OP is feline better after what is a bad stroke of lucky – I hope you are able to get on with your 9 lives.
    Lets also paws for a moment to consider the paw owners feelings too, it’s a shame there was no collar/ID markings on the cat as you would’ve at least been able to pop an apologetic note through their litter box.

If you need any further support feel free to PM meow.

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

I had to scrap him off the road.

CAT “C” write off?

bodgy
    Free Member

Having lost one of the beloved family moggies recently, owing to someone driving too fast through the village and unable to respond appropriately to unanticipated hazards, I have to say I find this thread very distasteful.

Ah well. At least it wasn’t a child, eh?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

So much bad taste on this thread!
    So much win!

🙂

Pyro

I hit a cat last year, dashed across the road in front of me, having been fighting/playing with another cat in a garden on the far side of the road. I was under the speed limit as it was very near a set of traffic lights and I’d been braking in case they changed. Didn’t have a chance to stop as a) it ran out too quickly and b) if I’d braked any harder the idiot flying up behind me (who definitely wasn’t under the speed limit and seemed to be accelerating in case the lights changed) would have ended up in my back seat.

If it’s any consolation, despite my utter antipathy towards all things small and furry and those who own them, I did feel exceedingly guilty and stopped when possible to go back and find the owner/apologise. The people whose garden it ran out of had no idea who it belonged to, seemed to be a stray, no collar or chip (I left my details). They gave it a small but respectful send off and shovelled it into the bin, apparently. I had a beer, but did not start a thread. Perhaps that was for the best.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘I like cats but….’ is closed to new replies.