Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 94 total)
  • I hate wearing a suit.
  • zippykona

Uncomfortable, impractical and looks bloody stupid. The shoes you have to wear with them are even worse.
    I long for the day when the male of the species no longer have to wear them to be deemed smart.
    Guess what I’m wearing….grrrrrr.

jimdubleyou

Try seeing a tailor and getting one that fits nicely. Makes it more bearable.

njee20
    Free Member

I really like it.

In fact a few weeks ago me and a few guys from work introduced “Dress up Tuesday” to wear suits. I miss wearing a suit, not least because half my wardrobe now doesn’t get worn!

lunge

I, on the other hand, love wearing one. I think I, and indeed most men, look better in a nice, well fitted suit than anything else.

They may not be the most practical of garments but they do look good.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

My birthday suit is very comfortable, if a bit skin tight

Rubber_Buccaneer

I like the idea of “Dress up Tuesday”, can I come as a pirate?

imnotverygood

I love wearing a suit. Mainly cos I hardly ever get the chance to do it.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I love wearing a suit. Mainly cos I hardly ever get the chance to do it.

This is it.

When I wore one daily, I hated it – well, not hate, but, envied my wife going in to work in studios where everyone dressed any old way.

Now that I never wear one for work, I relish the opportunity to get into one. Honestly, I look at myself in the mirror and I could just eat me…and I frequently try. 🙂

GregMay
    Free Member

Very rare that I have to wear one, when I do, I wear one that fits me. Feels fine then.

iainc

wear one most days, quite like it. A decent fit is everything, some go to a tailor, I seem to fit well into mid range M&S ones, often with some minor tailoring to leg length. Some decent shirts, a selection of quality ties, comfy leather shoes, sorted 🙂

perchypanther
    Free Member

I hate having to wear a suit everyday for work.

Whenever there’s an occasion when you need to be suited up for leisure purposes it just feels like another day at work.

If I want to feel well dressed I have to take it up a notch….

DezB
    Free Member

Having had a few interviews lately, it was quite nice to get a suit on, I thought I looked rather spiffing. (Not as good as DD, obviously). It was the tie I didn’t like wearing.
    I’ve only got 2 suits, one of them is a lovely Ben Sherman tonic marvel in a deep burgundy. I went for a job in a creative arts place and thought it would be ideal … the 2 blokes interviewing me were the most square, blazer wearing nerds evah! it was wasted 🙁

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Special occasions and special meetings these days. Nothing looks smarter imo

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Suits are smart, easy to wear, practical (all those pockets) and save a lot of faffing around chosing what to wear…classic suit, crisp white shirt, nice tie and shiny shoes – sorted. And as for evening wear, why are women so jealous of the wonderful black and white tie?

PP – that’s an amazing diet. You lost a stone in a matter of minutes!!

jekkyl

why are you wearing a suit zippykona if you do not like wearing them?
    new job? funeral? wedding? having a posh poo?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

it was wasted

Send the pics DebZ, I’ll ensure it doesn’t get wasted today. 😀

perchypanther
    Free Member

PP – that’s an amazing diet. You lost a stone in a matter of minutes!!

It’s the waistcoat. They’re very slimming dontcha know 😀

scaredypants

I look at myself in the mirror and I could just eat me…and I frequently try

you want to get over to the “can you touch your toes” thread, DD

slowoldman

I don’t like them either. So I choose not to wear one. It’s quite simple really.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Hate them, was never happier than to be free of them when I left the Banking industry, the only thing now is that my work clothes and my normal clothes are one and the same – I used to moan about how quickly I could wear out work shoes – I’m going through Adidas Super Stars like there’s no tomorrow at the moment!

I’ve still got 2, a nice one for weddings and a Black one for funerals – I’ve using the black one more often than I want to these days.

mudshark
    Free Member

Working on projects at client sites I just wear what the others do and prefer not to wear jacket and tie however like to do it for presentations and the like. This does mean that 2 suits I bought in my younger/heavier days have had to go through extensive modifications but I’ve saved money by not wearing them out.
    So…single or double breasted?!

curto80
    Free Member

They’re a total pain in the arse if you like cycling around town rather than getting the horrible tube.

wrecker
    Free Member

Suits I can tolerate, ties on the other hand are an outdated and completely pointless garment and I will go to great lengths to avoid wearing one. I took a bit of flak for not wearing one to my wedding but it was worth it.

mrsfry
    Free Member

Least you don’t have to wear high heels

sent home

allthegear
    Free Member

I’m actually wearing a smart shirt and skirt today – first time in ages!

Okay – all my jeans are in the wash…

Rachel

footflaps

Only wear a suit for weddings and funerals…

DJ gets used once a year for the wife’s company xmas bash (always a black tie do at a posh London Hotel).

Today I cycled to work in T shirt and shorts….

Rubber_Buccaneer

why are you wearing a suit zippykona if you do not like wearing them?

I’m guessing it’s a court appearance

Cougar

Wear a smart dress instead.

allthegear
    Free Member

If he’s worried about practicality, a dress probably isn’t the solution…

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Sports jacket and slacks for me, cut quite the dash

maccruiskeen

I long for the day when the male of the species no longer have to wear them to be deemed smart

I doubt you’ll have to wait long – tie-wearing is dying out at an incredible rate – heads of state don’t even seem to feel the need to wear them very often. JFK killed the hat, Obama has done a pretty good job of killing the suit.

Remember when not wearing a suit was something people in authority had real difficulty doing? The wilderness years for the tory party in opposition when they decided to present themselves as ‘one of us’ by having a dress down friday and just revealing themselves as not actually knowing how to dress at all.

Some people still can’t do it. Nick Clegg would occasionally appear tie-less in order to be frank and ernest but the result was always that he looked like he’d slept through his alarm.

There’s not really any circumstance I’d wear a suit to look smart for work purposes – I only wear mine for partying.

Cougar

You and I must attend very different forms of parties indeed.

footflaps

Obama has done a pretty good job of killing the suit.

I thought he was a suit fan

‘You’ll see I wear only gray or blue suits’ [Obama] said.

‘I’m trying to pare down decisions. I don’t want to make decisions about what I’m eating or wearing. Because I have too many other decisions to make.’ He mentioned research that shows the simple act of making decisions degrades one’s ability to make further decisions.

http://elitedaily.com/money/science-simplicity-successful-people-wear-thing-every-day/849141/

wrecker
    Free Member

A suit for partying? 😯
    Pimms o clock!!

maccruiskeen

I thought he was a suit fan

I’m sure he loves them but previous generations in his sort of position would pretty much never be seen – or never be seen at work- in anything other than a suit.

ads678

I wear trousers and shirt to work, so a suit is a dress up. But only for formal do’s and interviews.

I’d rather be in shorts most of the year, but they don’t look right with a jacket unless it’s goretex!!

dragon
    Free Member

Uncomfortable, impractical and looks bloody stupid. The shoes you have to wear with them are even worse.

Do you buy really cheap, crap clothing? All my suits have been comfy and shoes once you break them in are lovely. In fact the brogues I have on now are comfier than my Salomon trainers.

As for impractical, well in these modern days of phablets, a jacket makes makes more sense than ever.

tie wearing is dying out at an incredible rate

Bring back the bow tie, far more practical than a standard tie and looks cooler.

slowoldman

I only wear mine for partying.

Linen I imagine.

maccruiskeen

You and I must attend very different forms of parties indeed.

Sorry – by ‘partying’ I mean ‘The Baftas’, rather than DVDs and snacks round at a mates house. 🙂

dragon
    Free Member

Shorts and a jacket you say (possibly only works in Italy or the French Riviera):

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘I hate wearing a suit.’ is closed to new replies.