Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • I done got me some new tyres
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

They’re rather lovely.

Challenge Strada Bianca, in 30mm skinwall flavour.

Just back from a light spin around the village and they feel fast and sprightly over the cruddy back lanes around here*. Overall, very happy, but holy crapola were they a beast to fit! They’re described as “open tubulars”, so I am rather hoping that they stretch out a bit like a tub.

*Not my gate/garden, by the way! Had to drop a book off at a friend’s house, so took advantage of the backdrop. Would have used his garage doors, but just too scruffy! 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

56? You’re taller than I expected 😛

Those higher end Diverges look nice. Does the seatpost do anything?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No, I’m just very close to the camera…! 😉

The seatpost? Well, it’s hard to tell what’s doing more, the Zertz (yuk) inserts in frame/post or the fact that the bike’s designed to be run with a lot of post showing, meaning you get a bit more flexy-comfiness. Either way, the whole bike does a pretty good job of “deadening” out road/trail buzz, so I reckon it’s doing something. Am going to try some carbon bars at some point for more buzz-reduction.

lunge

All road bikes look better with skinwall tyres and this is no exception to. Good job Flash.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Looks waaaaaaaaaay cool that.

Strada LGG’s 25’s on the roadie, all winter right up to now = no punctures and the sweetest grippy smooth ride out there.

Sir, I admire your choice.

nickc

Didn’t like it when they had those Zeryzrtzzrtz inserts in the seatstays, and they haven’t improved it much by moving it to the seatpost, sorry

🙁

But if you like it, then a ride in the late evening sunshine is a perfect way to enjoy a new bike 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nickc, look closely at the seatstays!

😉

nickc

oh blimey… 😆

cynic-al
    Free Member

Can I be the first to say “small chainring pic fail”? :mrgreen:

*punches air*

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That was the appropriate gear for setting off back up the lane from where I’d stopped. So, ner. 😉

cannondaleking
    Free Member

What’s the clearance like with those tyres? do you need a lot of chain stay room to fit them as been wanting to push the button on a pair for a while for my fix wheeler and worried about if there gonna fit

stumpy01

Modern looking bike/retro looking tyres….me no likely…

scaredypants

Can I be the first to say “small chainring pic fail”?

On the same subject, the bike must be bigger than a 56 – makes that chainset look like a, well, it looks like, I mean, a … compact

julianwilson
    Free Member

They look yum.
    Having just had the satisfaction of popping a normal tyre (conti go4000) back on a normal (friend’s) cxp22 rim the other day with my thumbs in a jiffy, i am feeling a bit down on the terribly tight rim/tyre bead combinations t’wife and i seem to have inadvertently got going on our road bikes. 🙁

kiwijohn

I loved the Griffos on my CX bike, until they fell apart. 🙁
    Hope they’ve stuck them together better now.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I know scaredypants, its not a road bike I suppose…but anyway:

scaredypants

Remind me never to post a photo of my road bike 😳

dirtyrider
    Free Member

mega old bump,

you running these tubeless or with a latex tube? if so which ones

ta 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

They don’t want to be tubeless, which is a shame.

Running with Schwalbe SV tubes, Spesh standards as puncture replacements. There’s going to be a Spesh Turbo in appropriate size soon, and will be switching to those (Very, erm….cost effective for me!)

dirtyrider
    Free Member

any bigger turbo cottons in the pipeline? i have those already, but only in a 24mm

dirtyrider
    Free Member

8)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That wall is a disgrace.

🙂

dirtyrider
    Free Member

i know, i shifted the sofa to take the pic though, so ill hide it for the new buyers 8)

bikebouy
    Free Member

Line the valve and logos up please 🙄

You see the red “pro” band graphic? That’s where your valves should be.

😆

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Skinwall tyres are rank.

Exhibit ‘A’ M’lud.

stevied
    Free Member

Skinwall tyres are rank.

Not as bad as white tyres though 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

I agree, they’ve no place on an MTB.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

captain, you had any issues with the tyres blowing off the rim? one of mine blew off in the workshop on thursday, and a bit of reading, apparently this is a thing?

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘I done got me some new tyres’ is closed to new replies.