Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • I am a dad… bloody hell that was scary.
  • Tracker1972
    Free Member

Emily Rose was born this morning at 7.39 after an emergency cesarian section. The staff at Calow (Chesterfield Royal if you insist) were absolutely awesome. Stuff needed to happen and it did, quickly and without fuss and made the most terrifying few minutes of my life so far as un-terrifying as possible. Mum and baby are both doing absolutely fine and I am now at home, alone, seeing as they have to stay in (and I can't).
    Big thanks to the staff in the maternity wing at Calow but a bigger thank you to my wife, you are an absolute star, love you darling more than yesterday, less than tomorrow.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

congrats went through the same thing 10 weeks ago seams like a life time ago enjoy the quite time before they come home cause your feet won't touch the ground when they do but it's great fun 😀

Wally

Congrats – I remember that moment 6 years ago very clearly, scary is the phrase I used too. Being a dad gets better and better. Just you wait – and it will not be long for the black treacle like poo. lovely.

midlifecrashes

Congratulations to you all. Have a quick whiskey and get some sleep now while you can!

lister

Being a Dad is great. Congratulations.
    +1 Whisky and sleep now!

Moses

Congratulations to you and your family!
    DOn't worry, there will be plenty more scary moments to come. Kids are like that. You'll have fun.

Talkemada
    Free Member

love you darling more than yesterday, less than tomorrow.

Ahhh…!

😀

Lovely.

tyger
    Free Member

Wonderful news! – All the very best and congratulations 🙂

Crell
    Free Member

Congratulations to you both on the new arrival. I agree it is probably the most terrifying thing I've ever seen but the most captivating and exciting at the same time, particularly if you get to spectate / help at the business end 🙂

Get the Champagne in the fridge and the camera on charge!

M6TTF
    Free Member

Well done to you all. Had the same experience nearly 4 years ago – still not getting enough sleep! It's all worth it though

romster
    Free Member

Similar thing happened to me and the missus fella, we had a drop in heart rate of our little boy after a very long labour, then all of a sudden lot's of nurses and doctors everyhere, and the next thing, he was here (neville barnes delivery).

Happens so fast but at the time it last's a life time. I feel for you big time – brings back my experience like it was yesterday! The amount of relief you get once it's all over is euphoric eh?

Anyway big congratulations! Take her the biggest most prettiest flowers you can buy tomorrow and a card with a heartfelt message inside, she probably won't appreciate them much at the time, but once she's better – trust me on this one, she'll remember your attempt at being the perfect new daddy! 😉

Good luck with all – kids are the best fookin thing EVER!!!

Karinofnine

Congratulations to all.
    x

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Wally, just caught some "interesting" black bubbling stuff in the last nappy before I had to leave.
    Crell, camera was charged and is already back on, champagne was in the fridge but it's now 38 hours since I got up and I might just stick with a quick bottle of something light.
    All of you, thanks, am knackered but can't stop beaming/telling myself I am now a f***ing dad!
    Overtired I think 🙂

stumpyjon

Yep my first was also an emergency c-section too. Very traumatic, especially after hours of already being in the hospital. Was already at a low eb. Advice now is to really enjoy the next night or two alone in bed getting some quality sleep, it isn't going to happen again for a very long time.

Any bad memories will fade and in a few years you'll be able to post on here in a really balse fashion like the rest of us. Welcome to the club. (PS if you have a second you'll probably get the option of an elective ceasarian, much more civilised, only trouble was I had no excuse to stay outside for that, nearly fainted holding my son, had to be led out of the operating theatre by a nurse 😳 )

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Well done. Now go to bed asap before they get home.

romster
    Free Member

Ahhhhh – the first black poo experience……i remember it well! lol. Nasty but doesn't last too long once the milk goes through a few times. 😉

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Congratulations.. It really is the bestest experience in the world.

lucky
    Free Member

Congratulations from one to another ! Willow May was born at 4.15 this morning , so a sleepless night for me too. My 2nd labour ward experience in 16 months. Mother and baby enjoying a nights rest in maternity while 16month old lad snores on the settee at the side of me – bliss ! Good luck with it all mate .

jimmy

tha means 'Caler'?

Congrats, Chesvegas is a great place to grow up on a bike 🙂

Taff
    Free Member

Congrats to you both.

saleem
    Free Member

Well done fella, get some sleep, get there first thing to help with the feeds so your mrs can have some extra sleep, good bonding time too.

warton
    Free Member

well done to you both! not long for me now either. can't wait!

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Congrats! Fatherhood is great!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

excellent news, Congratulations.

ton

all the best wishes mate………….kids are ace.. 8)

pitduck
    Free Member

yeeeaaa 😀

TenMen
    Free Member

Congratulations! Our first birth was a nightmare, glad you're all fine, get some sleep tonight while you can!

ourmaninthenorth

Tracker and lucky – congrats to both you and your respective ladies (especially the ladies..!).

Have 4 months to wait for my first. Getting a little giddy with excitement already..!

jon1973
    Free Member

The best of luck to you. jon1973 (you have 1 year on me, and (at least) 1 baby).

langy
    Free Member

It's been 3 weeks now since ours arrived the same way – been so worth it so far and I'm sure there is plenty more to come.

congrats and wishes to all 3 of you!

shiny
    Free Member

😆
    Superb, well done, see it doesn't hurt does it!

The experience is truly terryfying and amazing at the same time – now have 3 boys that are 6, 4 and 3 months – not slept properly for at least 6 months…

Best advice is to sleep at every opportunity..

Cheers
    Shiny

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Congratulations Lucky! Seems like there have been a flurry of "I am a dad!" style posts recently or it it just the "I never saw a <insert make of car/bike/hat/whatever> until I had one, and now everyone has got one!" phenomenon?
    Either way, it is great, god I slept wel last night but at least I know 24hours solo somewhere should not be a problem at some point in the future 😉

Oh, and John1972, yep, just the one (won't say so far, not sure how much enthusiasm mum would have for a repeat performance just now!)

thegreatape
    Free Member

Congratulations x 2

Right now I am having a bacon sandwich, a browse on here, and a lovely cuddle while baby Joseph is doing some huge burps, and my the other two are playing nicely in the lounge. Sometimes being a Dad is great. It's still only 10 o'clock though, many hours of the day still to survive.

Rochey
    Free Member

Congrats from here too, I have 2 daughters and it is the best thing we ever done.

Remember to still "fit" your riding in though.

Rochey

GrahamS

Congrats! Welcome to the New Dad club.

It seems like only two weeks ago I was crapping myself as MrsGrahamS was whisked away for emergency C-section…

.. oh yeah.. It was. 🙂

Good luck with the little one and be prepared to be at your missus beck and call, because it might be a week or two till she can get off the sofa unaided.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘I am a dad… bloody hell that was scary.’ is closed to new replies.