Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • HSBC website – Is this the genuine site?
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Just googled HSBC to check my bank details and was directed to http://www.hsbcamanah.co.uk/1/2 which looks like the normal one but I don’t recognise the ‘amanah’ bit of the web address. A pop up appears asking be to download the ‘rapport’ fraud protection software.

May be paranoid but the web address seems strange and then being asked to download software to help me with on line banking…

Does it sound genuine to you lot?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Just gone to hsbc.co.uk and don’t get the pop up!

silverpigeon
    Free Member

Amanah is the Muslim banking services bit of HSBC. It’s fine

Cougar

HSBC does intermittently prompt you to download Rapport (which is pointless IMHO).

I’ve not seen that address before, but it looks genuine.

See here.

If in doubt though, use the regular site.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

The address isn’t what I normally sign in from, but they do offer the rapport software, as do a few other banks.
    I suspect it will be a modified version with worms or key loggers if non genuine

JimB
    Free Member

HSBC Amanah is a genuine HSBC site. Domain name registered by HSBC, site sits on HSBC servers.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Racist.

ComradeD
    Free Member

Never google bank websites, always type in the url

grumm
    Free Member

Don’t download rapport! I foolishly did once and it totally fecked my computer until I uninstalled it.

TheFlyingOx

Elfinsafety: Racist

I’ll give an average 4/10. It’s irrational enough to elicit a response from me, but you really need to put a bit more thought into the content and presentation. Must try harder.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

you really need to put a bit more thought into the content and presentation

Not imo. I reckon the presentation was perfect, as was the content ……. there was absolutely no need to elaborate further.

TheFlyingOx

No no no. Uttering the word “racist” mid-way down a thread about banking leaves too much work to the mind of the reader. Is it the single instance of the word “Muslim”? Does Elfin have previous with JimB? Is it a post in the wrong thread? There’s too much thought needed. A perfect troll post contains within itself everything needed to get incensed about.

antigee

HSBC does intermittently prompt you to download Rapport (which is pointless IMHO).

i downloaded it because i assume that if you do get some fraudulent transactions and you’ve not taken up the offer the bank will tell you that you acted irresponsibly

and it isn’t pointless just see how much processing capacity it uses – must be doing something!

ziggy
    Free Member

That software doesn’t like my PC, but yes I asked in branch and no staff there could tell me if it was genuine or not!

Cougar

I haven’t downloaded Rapport because I can’t find any concrete information as to what it actually does.

Even Trusteer’s own website is terrifically vague as to what it is. Far as I can glean, it’s some mechanism that goes “yes, this is your bank’s website” and “hey look, you’re sending banking transactions” (which would’ve answered the OP’s query at least).

But all I can find is marketing guff about how great it is and why it’s important (ZOMG PROTECT YOUR IDENTITIEZ!!!) without and technical information as to what it does.

And frankly, if they’re going to treat me like a gibbon, they can stick their “security” software up their ATM slot.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No no no. Uttering the word “racist” mid-way down a thread about banking leaves too much work to the mind of the reader. Is it the single instance of the word “Muslim”? Does Elfin have previous with JimB? Is it a post in the wrong thread?

No no no! It wasn’t aimed at JimB; it was aimed at WCA.

It went wrong because JimB posted just before me, which I hadn’t realised. I apologise for the confusion and any offence.
    😳

dooosuk
    Free Member

HSBC does intermittently prompt you to download Rapport

So does FirstDirect. It’s bloody annoying.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

It also does it on Business banking. Do they not think ‘hey, business banking must mean it’s a business and businesses normally restrict access on downloading things off the interweb and perhaps many of the business users using the business banking may not be able to download it even if they were daft enough to think they should’.

Muppets

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘HSBC website – Is this the genuine site?’ is closed to new replies.